2. LSU
1. Clemson

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just can't believe Notre dame is that high. What a bunch of garbage.

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How is bammer ahead of us when comparing losses

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So it looks like ND has been ordained the #3 team at the end of the season Assuming OSU and Clemson win out. Who gets #4?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorhunter;n306854 said:

tsg-force-3-knee-pad-large.jpg

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

We have the better loss, but they have better wins. Wisconsin, A&M, while we just have Ole Miss. It's fine with me. We're high enough that teams in front of us will cannibalize, and if we win out, we'll be just fine.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n306859 said:
ND at #5 is about as bad as the officiating in that Miami-Duke game.......:thumbdown:

I don't get it. Their toughest opponent, they lost to. Who do they have wins over? A crappy Texas team, a crappy Virginia team, a crappy Georgia Tech team, a crappy Navy team...I guess the Temple win is decent? I guess their overall resume is pumped up because they didn't play any directional schools (tho UMass is really bad, so maybe that's not true either). But they feed on bottom-feeders of Power-5 conferences. They only have 1 ranked team left on their schedule. We have 2, FSU and SEC West Champ (feels so nice saying that!) so maybe our strength of record will improve over time? We'll see.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Meh. Like trying to decide who wins the beauty paegent before swimsuit competition...pointless.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
t-gator;n306852 said:
I just can't believe Notre dame is that high. What a bunch of garbage.

Yeah, I mean the bias towards ND happens every year which is why I expressed my concern in the post I started about FSU beating Clemson this weekend. I hope I'm wrong but I really think that if it comes down to us and ND as one loss teams vying for the 4th and final playoff spot, it will be a nail-biter of a decision because the media loves ND, even with us being a one loss SEC champ playing the toughest competition in the country week in and week out. It would really suck to get screwed but it is a definite possibility in my book. Let's hope it doesn't come to that, though.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n306888 said:
Yeah, I mean the bias towards ND happens every year which is why I expressed my concern in the post I started about FSU beating Clemson this weekend. I hope I'm wrong but I really think that if it comes down to us and ND as one loss teams vying for the 4th and final playoff spot, it will be a nail-biter of a decision because the media loves ND, even with us being a one loss SEC champ playing the toughest competition in the country week in and week out. It would really suck to get screwed but it is a definite possibility in my book. Let's hope it doesn't come to that, though.
If we beat LSU or Alabama in the sec championship, I promise we get in. The media and everyone else will be sky high on us.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Don't know but obviously our problem isn't with the other SEC teams in front of us. That will all be taken care of if we win out. Nor is our problem the Big 10 as they will eliminate each other. Our problems in order of importance, IMO, are 1) Notre Dame 2) Clemson and then to a lesser extent 3) the Big 12 with Baylor and TCU. I think the Big 12 could knock each other out as their respective schedules for them (Baylor, TCU, OK and OK State) are very back end loaded where they play each other. Notre Dame and Clemson don't have that issue nearly to the extent that the Big 12 teams do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.