College Football Playoff Thread

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
My dad put this together based off current Vegas lines. It's not surprising to see how terrible the ACC and Big 10 are, but these numbers help put it into perspective. OSU is the champion of the worst power 5 conference. Congratulations

PAC12 - Favored in 6 by average of 6 points, Dog in 1 by 1 point
SEC - Favored in 9 by average of 7 points, Dog in 3 by average of 3 points (most bowl teams ever by a conference)
Big 12 - Favored in 3 by average of 3 points, Dog in 2 by average of 5 points
ACC - Favored in 4 by average of 2 points, Dog in 8 by average of 7 points (I counted ND, but conference did not so SEC holds record)
Big 10 - Favored on 0 games, Dog in 9 games by average of 3 points (this must also be an NCAA record for ineptitude)

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I saw the stat the other day that every B1G team is an underdog in their bowl game. Embarrassing, especially considering they were bragging about running out of bowl spots for their teams cause so many of them qualified for bowls. :lol:

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think the Big 12 should invite two teams and get a championship game. BYU's been lobbying to get in the Big 12 this year - wonder if they get a 2nd look after the CFP snub??

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
BostonGator84;n130229 said:
I think the Big 12 should invite two teams and get a championship game. BYU's been lobbying to get in the Big 12 this year - wonder if they get a 2nd look after the CFP snub??
Their commish said they wouldn't add 2 teams just for the sake of a championship game. Translation...we don't wanna share our loot with anyone else. I suspect they'll seek an exemption to have one with their current line-up.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n130228 said:
Yeah I saw the stat the other day that every B1G team is an underdog in their bowl game. Embarrassing, especially considering they were bragging about running out of bowl spots for their teams cause so many of them qualified for bowls. :lol:

I keep hearing pundits complement OSU on their strength of schedule, but they lost an out of conference game to a truly terrible team and feasted on an absolutely putrid Big 10. The Wisky win, on the surface, seems like a quality win, but there is no way a third string QB should be able to do that to a team, esp in the conference championship. And then considering the mess that is going on at Wisky only makes OSU's win that much less impressive.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Insiders whisper your boy. Jameis. is very jealous of the throwin' Samoan, Mariotti, the man that will steal his 2nd Heisman, and desperately wants to outshine his rival in the big game. Winston has also been steaming about Mel Kiper's downgrading him to a #6 draft pick while putting Mariotti at #1.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In the last game you could see the "let-down" confound on Winston's face that the team was depending on
Dalvin Cook to get the game won.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The more winston tries, the worse he gets. Last year he was just happy to be there and didn't have a care in the world which is why he played well; he was loose. Now that he is being outshined, not the center of attention (in the way he would like) and playing to outdo last year and others this year, you clearly see the results. When he feels pressure, whether its a DE in his grill, mounting allegations of impropriety, or the lack of being the darling of CFB, he plays poorly. He's one of those guys where the harder they try, the worse they are. The only time he does well is when there's no pressure; on or off the field.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n130230 said:
Their commish said they wouldn't add 2 teams just for the sake of a championship game. Translation...we don't wanna share our loot with anyone else. I suspect they'll seek an exemption to have one with their current line-up.

Didn't he say that before they were left out of the playoffs? I'm sure he's changing his tune now that he sees how much money he is missing out on.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
BostonGator84;n130320 said:
Didn't he say that before they were left out of the playoffs? I'm sure he's changing his tune now that he sees how much money he is missing out on.

He actually said it afterward...when he calmed down a it.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The four coaches posing with the first playoff trophy!!

b1ac9ea9-042f-4c57-9682-168c1dbb4669_zpse4171429.jpg

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WillGetIn;n130340 said:
The four coaches posing with the first playoff trophy!!

b1ac9ea9-042f-4c57-9682-168c1dbb4669_zpse4171429.jpg

Only one that looks remotely comfortable and confident is Saban.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n130418 said:
Only one that looks remotely comfortable and confident is Saban.

He won't be so confident next year when Big Mac knocks him off in the SECCG.:proud:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys think Creyer's esophagus has a Saban proximity switch? He looks like his stomach is in knots and hasn't defecated in a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator