Commit: 2019 DL Jaquaze Sorrells

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Darn impressive player... from Largo. In watching his stellar films, just remember this sophomore is
surely bustin' the blocks of seniors. He seems good on lateral pursuit too.

The extra plus is he's one of those kids that has always been a Gator fan, so as soon as he
showed-off for the coaches at that Gainesville camp, they offered and he accepted.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are we giving offers to kids in middle school? 2019? He doesn't even know who our coach will be then.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sophomores.
If he is the class of 2019 he should be a freshman, rising sophomore. My son is a rising junior and is class of 2017. I guess it depends on if you are referring to the current school year or next.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he is the class of 2019 he should be a freshman, rising sophomore. My son is a rising junior and is class of 2017. I guess it depends on if you are referring to the current school year or next.

Correct. 2016 is coming in the next few weeks to UF and will be playing the season. I think of them as College freshman. Some of them have actually played in the spring game already. We are now working on the class of 2017 which would be seniors. I guess a week ago they would've been juniors. And so on and so forth. In two months, 2019 will be sophomores.

I've seen some snide remarks on here (Not you… ) about the focus on 2019. Recruiting is a relationship build. I'm glad that our guys are trying to nail down these kids at young ages. One of the major problems that we are running into is that our rivals are locking down these classes a year or two in advance.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Correct. 2016 is coming in the next few weeks to UF and will be playing the season. I think of them as College freshman. Some of them have actually played in the spring game already. We are now working on the class of 2017 which would be seniors. I guess a week ago they would've been juniors. And so on and so forth. In two months, 2019 will be sophomores.

I've seen some snide remarks on here (Not you… ) about the focus on 2019. Recruiting is a relationship build. I'm glad that our guys are trying to nail down these kids at young ages. One of the major problems that we are running into is that our rivals are locking down these classes a year or two in advance.
Exactly. And I agree. We need these guys to commit early. It is just like Jake Allen. He has been committed forever and is our biggest recruiting advantage outside of the coaches. He is a Gator through and through. Does anybody think he would be in all these guys ears if he was just a Florida lean? No way, no how!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly. And I agree. We need these guys to commit early. It is just like Jake Allen. He has been committed forever and is our biggest recruiting advantage outside of the coaches. He is a Gator through and through. Does anybody think he would be in all these guys ears if he was just a Florida lean? No way, no how!

Exactly. We are in it for so many blue chippers because of Allen. Big-time commits can greatly influence classes. See Tebow's class.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if he's got a younger brother we could recruit.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How the hell can a kid that young commit to anyone? He'll change his mind ten times. The whole thing is getting ridiculous.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How the hell can a kid that young commit to anyone? He'll change his mind ten times. The whole thing is getting ridiculous.

Don't you think that the coaches in talking with him they discovered that he was a lifetime Gator lover... and
that's what convinced them to offer him. Like Jake Allen coaches might have seen him as a multi-year
HS player recruiter in an area of continual need.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Personally, I don't think kids should be able to commit until they are a senior.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Personally, I don't think kids should be able to commit until they are a senior.
I don't disagree one bit Ox. But, in order the keep up with the Joneses. This is what we have to do unfortunately. If our head coach stays the same and we keep the assistants for multiple years or upgrade piece by piece as we go along he will stick and our draft classes will get better and better. I have confidence!

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As stupid as a freshman committing is this is how the game is played now. I haven't seen any tape yet but a 4.77 for a 240 lb freshman is world class so I am happy he chose the good guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.