Confidence

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Headline: [h=1]McElwain, UF still trying to overcome scars of Muschamp era.[/h]
Best quote:
""Part of that is the understanding you’re allowed to be great," McElwain said. "You’re allowed to. You’re not a second-class citizen. You’re allowed to actually invest in yourself and go make plays at a million miles an hour. We’re starting to get a little bit of that, but we got a long ways to go.""

The offense (and us fans) feel like a dog that's been beat too much. But we are off that chain now. I'm really looking forward to seeing what our offense will do without that sorry excuse for a coach on the sidelines.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Caloosahatchee;n261445 said:
I like when Law posts some positivity.

Do you feel sorry for me when Finkle crushes me with ridicule?

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
One thing about Muschamp that I think is very important is he never changed his philosophy. He coached the same way for four years. That tells us that he truly felt he was coaching the "right" way. When you know you are doing everything right in your own mind you are naturally going to take all your frustration out on the players because you are making the right decisions. It's sad that as a man he couldn't just admit he was wrong and change his coaching mindset. It's even more sad when you realize how these young men had to pay for it..

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
HogtownGator;n261486 said:
over seeing his dumb "fierce" mug. I had a keen feeling we were doomed the minute I saw the stupid look on his face.
:rotfl:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n261486 said:
I agree with this thinking about Mac. Funny thing, I was living kind of off the grid and out of state when WM was hired so I didn't hear much about him, didn't have internet at home. Then a friend sent me the poster for WM's first season and I nearly fell over seeing his dumb "fierce" mug. I had a keen feeling we were doomed the minute I saw the stupid look on his face.[/QUOTE]

That's the UGa graduate "save face" expression.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Swamped Gator;261653 said:
One thing about Muschamp that I think is very important is he never changed his philosophy. He coached the same way for four years. That tells us that he truly felt he was coaching the "right" way. When you know you are doing everything right in your own mind you are naturally going to take all your frustration out on the players because you are making the right decisions. It's sad that as a man he couldn't just admit he was wrong and change his coaching mindset. It's even more sad when you realize how these young men had to pay for it..

Most people with anger management problems will not change
their ways. The two are attached somehow. For thirteen years
I have worked with and counseled people with anger management
problems. He is the worst case I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Caloosahatchee;n261645 said:
Na, message board pity is for the weak and limp wristed.

Yeah, we generally stick to message board derision.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n261653 said:

Yep I think 2012 and the ball bouncing our way a lot convinced him that his way was the right way.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n261726 said:
Most people with anger management problems will not change
their ways. The two are attached somehow. For thirteen years
I have worked with and counseled people with anger management
problems. He is the worst case I have ever seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"jmsk", are you the considerably experienced one who mentioned about Muschamp's "crossed-eye anger" as
one indicator of serious embedded xs anger problems ? That I saw and agree with… there's no way he had on
his mind being instructive or constructive, only destructive.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are we still talking about Muschamp? Screw'em! Gatorbait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.