CONFIRMED: Will Muschamp has been fired

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I know several folks who are NOT Spurrier worshipers, who are connected with some of the larger donors, and they are convinced SOS is coming back. They are absolutely convinced that what the media has interpreted as "retirement" talk from SOS is actually him laying the groundwork to exit Columbia for Gainesville. I will say that I do not believe it at all, but it has been interesting to hear them say it and they are absolutely convinced its already a done deal.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n106902 said:
It's not an unrealistic expectation to have a coach named before the bowl season is over with but I think it'll probably be immediately after.

If they waited that long our class will stay terrible I think.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n106907 said:
I know several folks who are NOT Spurrier worshipers, who are connected with some of the larger donors, and they are convinced SOS is coming back. They are absolutely convinced that what the media has interpreted as "retirement" talk from SOS is actually him laying the groundwork to exit Columbia for Gainesville. I will say that I do not believe it at all, but it has been interesting to hear them say it and they are absolutely convinced its already a done deal.

If that was true Muschamp might stay here as DC.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n106773 said:
It's about time. I commend him for cleaning up the off the field issues urban left behind and I really think the guy put his whole heart into this program it just did not work out. I wish him luck wherever he goes, hope it's outside of the SEC east.
Agreed. I am happy about the the trouble with the law being gone and having some semblance of a Team though he about lost that too by keeping JD as the leader for too darn long...

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like McMurphy's comment...."If you aren't competing for a National Championship, you're not going to be there very long."

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I don't see it happening, though it would amount to an immediate and huge upgrade. Just don't think Foley looks down that avenue.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n106909 said:
If they waited that long our class will stay terrible I think.

I agree but if we get a coach playing in a somewhat major bowl game I highly doubt they'd announce anything publicly before it's over. Unless it's an OC. That happens pretty frequently.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014

Spurrier did not like the grind of recruiting when he was here in his prime. He certainly at this stage in his life is not going to want to grind to get recruits against F$U and Miamuh. No thanks.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n106904 said:
Stoops would be the one that an early announcement would probably come like it did with Meyer - out of the major school head coaches anyway..

If there was a major coach where there'd be an early announcement it'd be him. Not playing in a high profile bowl game, etc.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see it happening either. I actually see him hiring WM as defensive coordinator and WM becomes head coach in waiting (unoffically) and learns offense from SOS.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n106917]

I don't see it happening, though it would amount to an immediate and huge upgrade. Just don't think Foley looks down that avenue. [/QUOTE]

I don't either. Just reporting what I have heard, they don't claim to have any insider information or anything.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@APMarkLong: Gators owe coach Will Muschamp a little more than $6 million thanks to two contract extensions & a raise

dphgator96

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I did not think I would hear the Alert Tone on my phone until Monday......what a pleasant surprise. Who else grabbed their phone every time an alert was sounded and hoped for this news?
Looking forward to the Alert Tone that names our next coach.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really think Stoops is the guy, and with Oklahoma out of the national picture, we could have an announcement sooner than you may think. He's 15 years stale in Norman, a safe hire, has a history with this program, and would probably welcome a change. Gator Nation would welcome him with open arms.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n106929 said:
I don't either. Just reporting what I have heard, they don't claim to have any insider information or anything.

Hey man, you can take the bag off your head now... :lol:

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I've already got my 'Flight Aware' page cued up tracking both UAA planes. I'm so damned giddy I may not sleep tonight!

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
williston_gator;n106941 said:
@APMarkLong: Gators owe coach Will Muschamp a little more than $6 million thanks to two contract extensions & a raise

No, I don't think so because he is "stepping down".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator