CONFIRMED: Will Muschamp has been fired

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
T REX;n107147 said:
No reason to continue this fight...he's gone and rightly so. He was a bad football coach. He's being forced out because of it. There's a huge pile of crow here for anyone that wants some. And I think it is totally within reason to question Foley's ability to pick a football head coach. It is tied to giving Muschamp an extra year that he did not deserve. He's made some awful football related decisions. Zook and Muschamp cannot be ignored. Great...he can build a women's lacrosse team from scratch...but he can't pick a football coach for ****.

Foley should be questioned.

Replacing Muschamp should be done under the oversight of a committee and not by Foley alone

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n107150 said:

Why...I hold no malice. I'm not holding Muschamp over anyone's head. He gone. But anyone that think Foley has done well in football is kidding themselves.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n107153 said:
I was hoping for wins and championships and pulling for the team. I would have been fine with letting him go last year. Please, when you read my posts, especially if you are going to restate my position, at least make some effort to recognize the distinctions I make between objective analysis and personal feelings. Muschamp is loved by all those that work with, for and around him. I always pull for people like that to be successful, but it doesn't mean that I believe the program should be sacrificed for them. Never have and never will.

I totally understand this POV. I get it. Totally.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n107156 said:
I feel like its Christmas morning already. Found my stocking with something other than what we have been stuffed with the last four years. This is a good time for the Gator Nation. Its of no consequence now. It's over and done. There will be a new coach on the sideline next year.

Yes, if only Fooley were leaving also. A performance like this usually gets the AD fired and Fooley has done it twice.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n107102 said:
Official University statement:

What a bunch of crap. We're not where we need to be or should be as a football program. I guess we needed to be and should have been 4-8 last year. Wasted a whole year bringing that clown back after last season.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love to be "a fly on the wall" and get the drift of the players' thinking/feeling.
Please no more posters fussing over the Mashedchomp situation. Just uplift yourselves = no more making the
Holy Grail TOP, no more 50 rushes, 5 passes. No more piss-poor player evaluations or discounting the TE position.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n107153 said:
I was hoping for wins and championships and pulling for the team. I would have been fine with letting him go last year. Please, when you read my posts, especially if you are going to restate my position, at least make some effort to recognize the distinctions I make between objective analysis and personal feelings. Muschamp is loved by all those that work with, for and around him. I always pull for people like that to be successful, but it doesn't mean that I believe the program should be sacrificed for them. Never have and never will.

Fair enough, but I've been of the opinion that those who continued to blindly support WM were, indeed, hurting the program. It's been painfully obvious for over a year that he was not the man for the job. Being a likable guy is great, but it did NOTHING to help our football program.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Delg8tor;n107117 said:
You are absolutely right. It can and does go both ways and I am not surprised someone would quote me saying something like that. I support the University, the coaches, and the players no matter what. Am I happy that we have pretty much sucked for the last five years (Including Meyers last year)? NO! Everyone has the right to express themselves and their displeasure with the program and coaching staff. I am fine with that as well. Saying it once or twice would have been fine, but slinging $Hit with every post in the thread is overkill in my opinion. So, I say, GIVE IT A REST!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled posting...

This.

Absolutely this.

I fully expected the celebratory "I-told-you-so" crowd to be unbearably obnoxious for the rest of the season, with two peaks - the time of his firing and around his last game. Nonetheless, I'm going to say this. Delg8tor said nothing wrong here. I don't even know what "it works two ways" means. I don't know anyone who is saying WM shouldn't have been let go. The way some here celebrate it (further) demonstrates that their opinion has gone far beyond "wanting what's best for the program" and into personal vendetta. I would tell my daughter that she's "acting ugly" if she behaved this way. Some here want to dance on his proverbial grave while others would want to show a little more respect, that's all. Just show some respect to the man, or at least the program.

...cue the "he don't deserve no respect!" crowd. I'll answer that one before it's said. Showing respect is about the respect giver's character, not the character of the one (potentially) receiving it.

Like I said, I know it will largely fall on deaf ears, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be said.

...now back to the :deadhorse: + :bananadance:

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
MJMGator;n107186 said:
Fair enough, but I've been of the opinion that those who continued to blindly support WM were, indeed, hurting the program. It's been painfully obvious for over a year that he was not the man for the job. Being a likable guy is great, but it did NOTHING to help our football program.

Blind support is not a virtue. Unconditional love does not apply to retaining coaches. Most 'so called' pumpers are just supporting the program and the players. How many times over the past ten years have the 'so called' realists called for Billy Donovan to be fired because he couldn't get past the sweet sixteen?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n107203 said:
Blind support is not a virtue. Unconditional love does not apply to retaining coaches. Most 'so called' pumpers are just supporting the program and the players. How many times over the past ten years have the 'so called' realists called for Billy Donovan to be fired because he couldn't get past the sweet sixteen?

Haven't been around the board that long, but anyone ever calling for BD's head should be taken out back and beaten senseless.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, I guess the two warnings were ignored. I will be deleting catfight posts in this thread going forward. If it continues, vacations will be handed out.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In essence their expert says "They can have a winning program right away. How soon they can compete for
championships? I don't think it will be long." (note that he's admitting all this thinking now that Muschamp's gone)

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n106764 said:

The players wanted him to finish the year. We sometimes forget about them. They really care about Muschamp and they, especially the seniors, wanted him to coach them out. I can appreciate and respect that.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
oxrageous;n107212 said:
Okay, I guess the two warnings were ignored. I will be deleting catfight posts in this thread going forward. If it continues, vacations will be handed out.

Even if you started it? :wobble:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n107217 said:
The players wanted him to finish the year. We sometimes forget about them. They really care about Muschamp and they, especially the seniors, wanted him to coach them out. I can appreciate and respect that.

It's not a bad move. And now that there's no pressure he can have a zook like ending

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
rogdochar;n107214 said:
In essence their expert says "They can have a winning program right away. How soon they can compete for
championships? I don't think it will be long." (note that he's admitting all this thinking now that Muschamp's gone)

who is this expert you speak of?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n107191 said:
This.

Absolutely this.

I fully expected the celebratory "I-told-you-so" crowd to be unbearably obnoxious for the rest of the season, with two peaks - the time of his firing and around his last game. Nonetheless, I'm going to say this. Delg8tor said nothing wrong here. I don't even know what "it works two ways" means. I don't know anyone who is saying WM shouldn't have been let go. The way some here celebrate it (further) demonstrates that their opinion has gone far beyond "wanting what's best for the program" and into personal vendetta. I would tell my daughter that she's "acting ugly" if she behaved this way. Some here want to dance on his proverbial grave while others would want to show a little more respect, that's all. Just show some respect to the man, or at least the program.

...cue the "he don't deserve no respect!" crowd. I'll answer that one before it's said. Showing respect is about the respect giver's character, not the character of the one (potentially) receiving it.

Like I said, I know it will largely fall on deaf ears, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be said.

...now back to the :deadhorse: + :bananadance:

Easy y'all … EuroGator is just for whirl peace. But he makes practical sense. WE have more-than-ever positive things to be expressing on. Like how good All-American can D-rob be? How much will Fullwood improve? Blocking schemes to capitalize on Kelvin's shiftiness? Powell's speed? etc.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n107153 said:

Well said. "Not enough wins" and "compete for championships" are what stick out in the statement. Those both ended yesterday. It's just business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator