Could Trask land backup QB job?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
could Trask get the backup job? yes, yes he could.

Good God. Throw in an injury or two and the kid could be starting!

People all over the world,
Join in,
Start a Trask train, Trask train!

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's insane. The only reason we offered Trask was as an emergency in case we didn't flip Franks or land--- trying not to laugh-- Ugly's QB or someone else.

He had no other offers, so it wasn't like he would jump ship. He is obviously content enough holding a clipboard.

The coaches have seen them all and had Trask 4th string. There is a reason for that. Yes, no one cares if we burn a year of his, so he may play a series or two if Applebees and LDR get hurt, but if it's a game, we will pull the redshirt of Franks.
Law, I will admit, you certainly stick to your guns. You sure your not a ship captain? I could definitely see you going down with your ship right after the track train runs right through it.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Unless LDR or Appleby get hurt, we'll redshirt both Trask and Franks.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
one man's trask is another man's treasure
All kidding aside, I thought he was the best after Del Rio in the spring game and he did it with the 2nd team. He throws well and moves well and seems to have the brains to learn the game. Applebee threw a blatant pick that was dropped toward the end which is his MO, throwing the same number of INTs as TDs. It's kind of hard to trust a 10th year red shirt.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Papa Ox is right there. I thought Trask was better than AA & FF and for the reasons he mentions. I'm just not ready to anoint him yet. The kid does have a legit shot to win the backup spot. After the last few years any QB with half a brain and capabilities that can see over the OL has a legit chance. To me at this point with our QB situation and how they've turned out in the past I could care less what he's done in HS. All these other guys from Brantley, Driskel, Harris, and Grier.....either couldn't do it or a head case, perhaps both. And the thing about those guys......they took all the snaps in HS. At this point let it play out. If Trask wins it, great. What UF needs right now is just a solid player at QB. He doesn't have to be all world.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
It's the TRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSKKKKKK TRAIN!!!!!!!
tumblr_l42wxhbnsp1qc073co1_400.gif

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Here's the thing I dont get. We saw Trask against a vanilla defense and he mostly took off and ran...which in a real game would have gotten him killed.

We have no idea how well he reads defenses. We have no idea how well he can adjust to different schemes that would be thrown at him. Lastly if you want to use yhe spring game as a measuring stick....Appleby got th 2nd team points..no one else did.

Trask may be good one day but there is no way in hell id put him in an actual game over LDR or a guy who has experience in Appleby

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Here's the thing I dont get. We saw Trask against a vanilla defense and he mostly took off and ran...which in a real game would have gotten him killed.

We have no idea how well he reads defenses. We have no idea how well he can adjust to different schemes that would be thrown at him. Lastly if you want to use yhe spring game as a measuring stick....Appleby got th 2nd team points..no one else did.

Trask may be good one day but there is no way in hell id put him in an actual game over LDR or a guy who has experience in Appleby

Yea but your not trying to aggravate law.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Appleby got th 2nd team points
uh, no.

The only points picked up when Appleby was on the field (drives he was involved in) was FG's by Pineiro, 3 of them.
Appleby also lost 19 yards as well. Trask gained 17 yards on the ground
Appleby took 3 sacks, Trask 1.
Appleby had 4 drives with both teams, Trask had 3 with only 2nd team, and technically some 3rd team.
2 of Trask's drives ended in missed FG's by Pineiro as well.

So which points did Appleby get them?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Trask also threw a nice ball over the middle that was broken up in the end zone.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I know GC ain't Russia, but we have Trask dissidents.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If Trask earns the back up spot then so be it. Gotta cheer for whoever is in there(even treon).

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Trask had more experience at backup coming out of high school than the other 3 QBs combined. He''s well-prepared to fill that position at UF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator