Warning: Political Takes COVID & Sports

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'll have to check with my mother to see if she forgot to put up the sign as I was exiting the uterus that guaranteed me a life time free from disease?
I think she also must have forgotten to inform me I could restrict the free will of others because I didn't feel safe....

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My opinion is that whether you believe this virus is a big hoax or whether you believe it could be the end of times, the thing that makes any individual, group, or society great is the ability to adapt and overcome. To me this football season has been a perfect example of that, with some conferences and teams doing an obviously better job of it than others. The basic point is that when faced with adversity you don't just turtle up and hide in your basement and give up your rights and liberty.....what you do is find a way to get the damn job done anyway. Playing these sporting events is about a lot more than just entertainment if you ask me, its about showing people how to cope with adversity. Americans have been through countless "life-changing" events in our short history and we keep winning and this will be no different. Hats off to the SEC and ACC for not bowing to the pressure to cancel the season and basically shaming the other conferences to take the binky out, put on a clean diaper, and play some friggin football. The chance of catching and even dying from the virus isn't zero, but neither is the chance of getting in a fatal car crash and that is what is missing from all this virus talk. Perspective and a reasonable approach to risk management.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh 46 didn't like my perfectly spot on post because he is scared to death and wants a vaccine that will kill at least 25k which is double what the China flu has killed to this point...Hey 46 hows that vaccine going to work when only 50% wants or will take it....I got it, you want us all to take it so you can come out of the bunker....right?

I’m not clear where you derive these numbers. The actual number of US Covid deaths is 266k.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My opinion is that whether you believe this virus is a big hoax or whether you believe it could be the end of times, the thing that makes any individual, group, or society great is the ability to adapt and overcome. To me this football season has been a perfect example of that, with some conferences and teams doing an obviously better job of it than others. The basic point is that when faced with adversity you don't just turtle up and hide in your basement and give up your rights and liberty.....what you do is find a way to get the damn job done anyway. Playing these sporting events is about a lot more than just entertainment if you ask me, its about showing people how to cope with adversity. Americans have been through countless "life-changing" events in our short history and we keep winning and this will be no different. Hats off to the SEC and ACC for not bowing to the pressure to cancel the season and basically shaming the other conferences to take the binky out, put on a clean diaper, and play some friggin football. The chance of catching and even dying from the virus isn't zero, but neither is the chance of getting in a fatal car crash and that is what is missing from all this virus talk. Perspective and a reasonable approach to risk management.

Wins thread.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I’m not clear where you derive these numbers. The actual number of US Covid deaths is 266k.
Even if it were that high(it's not even a tenth of that)it's still going down faster than a $20 hooker....It was new and claimed it's outliers....think of people who die of strange allergy's...no different and now it's basically less than a common cold for 98% of the population.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

It has been inflated and they’ve acknowledged that these numbers are technically not accurate. I feel like we just had this entire conversation. It’s also taking out people with significant underlying issues. The average healthy person—which should be a majority of people at this point—is being forced into isolation despite little or no symptoms and negatively impacted without giving consent. As Zambo said, it’s been grossly mismanaged.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Even if it were that high(it's not even a tenth of that)it's still going down faster than a $20 hooker....It was new and claimed it's outliers....think of people who die of strange allergy's...no different and now it's basically less than a common cold for 98% of the population.

You’re living in an alternative universe. As I said earlier, this thread ain’t changing any opinions.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You’re living in an alternative universe. As I said earlier, this thread ain’t changing any opinions.
Look at the number of cases compared to the spring....6-8 times as many yet 1/3 amount of total deaths....that's herd immunity...and mark my word a "new" vaccine will kill more you just won't hear about it. Anything new kills a certain amount of people...then becomes part of our genetic makeup.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
The goal from the very beginning was to buy time for the development of vaccines, therapeutic agents and better treatment techniques, and foremost to avoid overloading the healthcare system.

Covid will not be eradicated in my lifetime IMO. It will be managed.

This holiday season is going to push the healthcare system to the brink. You don’t want to be around when and if it breaks.
Our local news out of jax had me convinced of this after a few weeks of second wave gloom and doom stories. Then the anchor let the cat out of the bag."12 covid patients in ICU in area hospitals" yes 12 in at least 4 major hospitals. I fell for it and many others do.

The bigger issue no one addresses is, if we ever face a true pandemic it won't be taken seriously. We have totally set ourselves up for a true horrific tragedy by making this out to be much more than it is.
When they decide to say fuch hippa and its restrictions on info, I'll know we are in a true pandemic.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
The next several weeks will prove to be very interesting in terms of the healthcare system. Numbers are already quite high for hospitalization of covid patients during a season (winter) that usually has higher inpatient loads to begin with.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Our local news out of jax had me convinced of this after a few weeks of second wave gloom and doom stories. Then the anchor let the cat out of the bag."12 covid patients in ICU in area hospitals" yes 12 in at least 4 major hospitals. I fell for it and many others do.
Yes there are 24k people in the hospital suffering from China flu in the US this morning....that equals less than 500 per state.....:panic:
And the case numbers are starting to fall again(we seem to be about 3-4 weeks behind France and Europe in cycles)and percentagewise hospitalizations have been falling since last April....but....:ohnoez:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator