Cowherd says Gators are darkhorse to win March Madness

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by Since65, Mar 12, 2018.

1. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,201
    Ratings:
    +7,090 / -514
    Here is the deal. Ive seen great teams barely win in the first or second round. Fla , if they lose confidence in game one may end up going home. IF they hit shots and hustle they can win 2 or 3 games. Then ANYTHING can happen because they will have gained confidence. I will give them this. Most of them have been there before. That run last year let them see what it is about. Their shots start falling they can scare sh#T out of any team.

• KeyWestGator

KeyWestGator Fighting Conchs!

Oxbucks:
      $32
      Ratings:
      +37 / -0
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...d2b009466bc_story.html?utm_term=.f4b3ff80b247

Interesting article about how UF was stranded in STL after blowing that first game but more telling was the quotes from White about this years team that makes me concerned.

“These guys aren’t really animated. Really, really nice guys. Too nice of a group, really,” White said. “I’d like to see this group one day tear up a locker room after we lose, but that’s not happening.”

White remembers the way his team found motivation in being pegged for an opening-round upset in 2017. “We’ll use it again,” he said. “Who knows how much of a factor it will be with these guys? These guys are hard to tick off. My guys, I’m not sure I’ve found the button that produces a bunch of edge, but we’ll throw it at the wall, for sure.”

“This team doesn’t get really upset. I wish we would,” White said. “That’s consistently who this team’s been. I think that’s why you’ve got games where we look like a top-10 team and you’ve got games where we look like an NIT team."

• InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,847
      Ratings:
      +2,792 / -286
      I get this view completely. That certainly seemed to be the case in 2004 against Manhattan, but then it turned out that Walsh was injured much more than we knew.

Still with this bunch maybe we have an injured PG that UF is hiding the injury. He sure seems to be a shell of himself offensively in the last month or so. Maybe we have one guy just in a hurry to get ready for the NBA draft. Maybe it is a lack of fire as you and and no leadership.

Still I want to be optimistic. Maybe Stone has developed enough to make people play a bit of attention to him. Maybe at least two of Allen, Hudson, Koulechov and Stone will be on from the arc each game. Maybe Hayes will play within his limit and maybe White will keep two actual bigs in the game all the time. Maybe this group will continue to play good D. The optimistic me says this and a few breaks will lead to an interesting tourney for UF.

• rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $3,888
      Ratings:
      +10,100 / -91
      Coaching fail, all season long, rudderless practice after practice = no development, no corrective guidance.
      Does the personality (spirit) of the HC exude drive? Does White too much want to be 'loved' by his players?
      Hayes, Gak, etc during easy wins, should have turned fierce, become adept at never bringing the ball down, a become masters of the quick backboard kiss-shot - fouls be damn. Don't play neat & polite. Surely this team developed according to White's practice commands?

• Captain Sasquatch

Captain Sasquatch Mr. SQ, the Sashole
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $4,633
        Ratings:
        +14,132 / -300
        Anything can happen in a single elimination tournament, that’s why it’s so great.

• RiverRat

RiverRat Well-Known Member
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $249
          Ratings:
          +374 / -28
          Two glaring areas of concern : Lack of production in the paint. No dominate big men has really hurt this team.
          Inconsistent fire in their bellies , were missing Jo Kims Chest thumping, where is the f#cking passion?

Grow some balls Gators and get after somebody! If your going down at least go down swinging.

• lizardbreath

lizardbreath Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
            $815
            Ratings:
            +1,267 / -29
            Well said, right to the heart of the matter.

• lizardbreath

lizardbreath Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
            $815
            Ratings:
            +1,267 / -29
            No balls. No glory. No chance.

• NoGaGator

NoGaGator Junior Member
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $42
            Ratings:
            +217 / -2
            They didn't get Egbunu back and that sealed their deal for any chance. With him in there and Chase they would have been a very popular choice to go deep in the Madness.

• Double Gator Dad

Double Gator Dad Senior Member
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $454
              Ratings:
              +1,450 / -11

I agree

How can anyone predict or project anything with this team?
              White knows them better than anyone and he has no idea....

• TLB

TLB Just chillin'
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $2,199
              Ratings:
              +4,723 / -52
              Cuck Fowherd

• aka

aka I Deliver
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $1,137
              Ratings:
              +3,558 / -50
              If they actually play D and play with even 2/3rds of what they are capable of offensively, they will be in any game.

• heversle

heversle Baba Booey Tata Toothy
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $192
              Ratings:
              +920 / -25
              This team can play like an Elite 8 caliber team in a few games, but they can also defend putridly for long stretches and look mediocre like an NIT team just the same. I could see them getting upset in the first game. But, I could also see them killing a few teams from 3 point range and giving the higher tier teams a lot of trouble in this tournament. As others have said, they tend to play to the level of their competition way too often despite how talented their roster is. If they can lean on the play making ability and veteran presence of Chiozza in tight situations, maintain good ball movement, and play stingy, disciplined team defense we have a outside shot. A lot of things need to roll our way though over the course of the tournament.

• InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $1,847
              Ratings:
              +2,792 / -286
              Actually this team is 27th in tempo adjusted defense and 38th in tempo adjusted offense according to Kenpom.

• Wuerffel4Pres

Wuerffel4Pres No offense
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $130
              Ratings:
              +737 / -44
              Or the 1st