Recruiting Creyer doesn't remember top recruit

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I blame the kids primary recruiter as much as I blame Meyer. If Meyer didn't recognize him, the. He probably didn't know he was scheduled to be on campus. If that happened I would think it would fall on the lead recruiter to inform the head coach who he has coming in for a visit.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I smell what you are stepping in. However, lately I am considering myself like the mantra of Missouri...so you are going to have to show me. I just don't have that much faith in the kids now days.
I hate the kids today. So I know where you are coming from. But, Meyer either hosted the kid and went to visit his school. He didn't know who the kid was and he was a commit. I think the kids should be able to expect that the coaches know who you are if you have committed to them. I don't agree with the ridiculous amount of ass kissing that happens, but this is a different thing. There is common courtesy and professionalism that should still be part of the process.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
lol, the clip of that braindead tard never gets old. He's got to read off a script to remember to tell his players to focus. Whats even funnier and what that clip doesn't show, is after that pregame speech, fsu went out and promptly got their ass beat. Pregame speech and "unconquered" black unis be damned.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Not defending Meyer but I assume he deals with tons of recruits periodically to where he won't remember everyone of them, and I'm guessing Judson got his ego a little bruised because Meyer didn't pay more attention to him.

Either that or Meyer is suffering from the same case Boob Bowden had during his last 15 years as coach, that he couldn't remember players by jersey numbers.
He probably suffers from short man's disease. He's listed at 5'9" which means he's about 5'6". Besides, all blacks look alike :). Besides, what was he thinking committing to OSU to begin with. Hadn't he ever been to Columbus?

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
He probably suffers from short man's disease. He's listed at 5'9" which means he's about 5'6". Besides, all blacks look alike :). Besides, what was he thinking committing to OSU to begin with. Hadn't he ever been to Columbus?

I've been wanting to do this for a long time: :racist:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Urban Meyer. Left us with two national titles in football and the Tebow legacy........not bad for such a despised man........btw I am not a bean counter but by my math we had 3 times as many titles in football when he left than when he showed up. "But he left us and lied and ruined the program and and and :alone:

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
1) The #1 condition of all recruits is = "how serious are these program reps (HC Meyer) on making me
a playing part of their team."
2) Not noting the recruit's name belies any pitch that OSU could make. All the schmooz OSU reps make
after that must have been a total joke to the guy ... and deceptions.
These are the facts of the matter.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I blame the kids primary recruiter as much as I blame Meyer. If Meyer didn't recognize him, the. He probably didn't know he was scheduled to be on campus. If that happened I would think it would fall on the lead recruiter to inform the head coach who he has coming in for a visit.
That's all very logical, but when a smooth talking recruiter coach repeatedly tells a sought after recruit how critical and important that playeris to his team the young recruit is going to figure the coach will recognize him ( since he's so very desired and vital) and know who he is. Rogdochar is correct. The sales pitch means nothing after not remembering his name and who he is.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
And now that I actually read the article, I see it's WAY worse than merely not being recognized.

There he was with another desired recruit, and he watches the other guy get the good buddy schpeel, and are you showing this (nameless insignificant) guy (who has traveled all the way up here after we've convinced him how indispensable he is) around??

Furthermore, Judson responds to Meyer's efforts to engage them, and answers him, and Meyer ignores him and directs his conversation to the other guy.

1. It's embarrassing in front of the other recruit. He's been double dissed. Once by not being recognized, and once by being too insignificant to have his warm response even acknowledged by words or a nonverbal action.

2. It demonstrates to him that all the verbage and especially the emotion, were insincere and he's not significant on their must attain list, nor does Meyer give a crap about him as an individual since now he doesn't even treat him with courtesy. After all, Meyer recognized and singled out the other guy. with bonding banter.

Glad he saw Meyer for what he is. Insincere manipulative liar.
Loved what he said about Mac's way of relating.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm annoyed by meyer, but not a major hater. I also get the "spoiled generation" comments.

It's one thing to not recognize a recruit. It's another to not recognize a kid who verbally committed to your program. You MAKE the time to get to know the people you have "established a relationship with." Period, no excuses.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And now that I actually read the article, I see it's WAY worse than merely not being recognized.

There he was with another desired recruit, and he watches the other guy get the good buddy schpeel, and are you showing this (nameless insignificant) guy (who has traveled all the way up here after we've convinced him how indispensable he is) around??

Furthermore, Judson responds to Meyer's efforts to engage them, and answers him, and Meyer ignores him and directs his conversation to the other guy.

1. It's embarrassing in front of the other recruit. He's been double dissed. Once by not being recognized, and once by being too insignificant to have his warm response even acknowledged by words or a nonverbal action.

2. It demonstrates to him that all the verbage and especially the emotion, were insincere and he's not significant on their must attain list, nor does Meyer give a crap about him as an individual since now he doesn't even treat him with courtesy. After all, Meyer recognized and singled out the other guy. with bonding banter.

Glad he saw Meyer for what he is. Insincere manipulative liar.
Loved what he said about Mac's way of relating.

This upset recruit was wearing blue. I think it had more to do with either Meyer giving his commit a hard time because the commit should have known better or since the kid was wearing blue, Meyer didn't even look at the commit, he just saw blue and assumed the commit was the recruit... Either way, Meyer is a douche, but so is the commit for wearing blue when a commit should certainly know not to wear blue.

If a UF commit were wearing garnet or burgundy while showing a recruit around UF, how would that fly with McElwain?

Some things are just common sense.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
This upset recruit was wearing blue. I think it had more to do with either Meyer giving his commit a hard time because the commit should have known better or since the kid was wearing blue, Meyer didn't even look at the commit, he just saw blue and assumed the commit was the recruit... Either way, Meyer is a douche, but so is the commit for wearing blue when a commit should certainly know not to wear blue.

If a UF commit were wearing garnet or burgundy while showing a recruit around UF, how would that fly with McElwain?

Sorry for this being off topic, but this reminds me of Stacey Poole Sr(fellow Forrest High alum and ex hoops teammate) wore a Georgia Tech shirt while he signed his letter of intent to UF.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Urban Meyer. Left us with two national titles in football and the Tebow legacy........not bad for such a despised man........btw I am not a bean counter but by my math we had 3 times as many titles in football when he left than when he showed up. "But he left us and lied and ruined the program and and and :alone:
You can't blame the ruined football on Meyer. Don't forget Fooley hired the Chump.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Common sense to who?

Was it a meatchicken shirt?
Was it a conspicuous maize and blue?
Was it navy blue?
Was it royal blue?
Was it powder blue?

The kid is from the state of FLORIDA.

If meyer wants to make a big deal out banning the color blue, then he should stick to recruiting the state of ohio, because there are 48 other states who don't give a crap about their rivalry.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
You can't blame the ruined football on Meyer. Don't forget Fooley hired the Chump.

meyer certainly shares the blame. If he managed the program and didn't allow things to fall apart, he could've stuck around to enjoy more success. Then, we would never have known the misery that chump would've brought upon UF.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda... I know. I appreciate the titles, but meyer kick-started the downward spiral.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Common sense to who?

Was it a meatchicken shirt?
Was it a conspicuous maize and blue?
Was it navy blue?
Was it royal blue?
Was it powder blue?

The kid is from the state of FLORIDA.

If meyer wants to make a big deal out banning the color blue, then he should stick to recruiting the state of ohio, because there are 48 other states who don't give a crap about their rivalry.

Common sense to just about anyone. Hell, I can't stand Ohio State and even I know that any shade of blue is not acceptable there. There's no way someone who is committed doesn't know that. So if you know that, and still disrespect that, how SHOULD you be treated?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Common sense to just about anyone. Hell, I can't stand Ohio State and even I know that any shade of blue is not acceptable there. There's no way someone who is committed doesn't know that. So if you know that, and still disrespect that, how SHOULD you be treated?

Disrespect? Half the population of American teenage boys didn't remember today is Mother's Day, and the half that did?... Only because their dad pestered them about it. I'm pretty sure that kid threw on the first clean (or semi-clean) shirt he found and didn't give it a second thought.

Short of wearing official or conspicuous maize and blue, I think meyer is making a mountain out of a molehill.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Disrespect? Half the population of American teenage boys didn't remember today is Mother's Day, and the half that did?... Only because their dad pestered them about it. I'm pretty sure that kid threw on the first clean (or semi-clean) shirt he found and didn't give it a second thought.

Short of wearing official or conspicuous maize and blue, I think meyer is making a mountain out of a molehill.

I do agree, mountain out of a molehill. Meyer is a putz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator