Cristobal leaving Bama?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh shyt, if that is the standard these days, we are stuck with Butters, Nusschamp and Company til they die.
you and I both agree he's a good coach and a crappy recruiter. We may actually end up with a decent OL class this year. I don't think he's the priority this season. Given our issues with paying coaches, the best we can hope for is Locksley and upgrading Nord.

I don't know if Nuss is really as bad as we think, but he sure isn't good.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
By 12:01 AM I expect an alert on my phone that reads something like the below:

"BREAKING: UF has fired Nord and Summers. To be replaced with Cristobal and Locksley. In addition, 3 5 stars have already flipped from a Bama to UF."
More likely you will get

""BREAKING: UF has to go with 9 man coaching staff in effort to save money."

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My concern on these rumors is Locksley is in a support role. He is not an on the field coach. If he is really coming to UF why not announce anytime?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My concern on these rumors is Locksley is in a support role. He is not an on the field coach. If he is really coming to UF why not announce anytime?
Could be something with his contract Erg. The longer they've been quiet about it the more likely in my books. If not true I think he would have issued a denial. But I also think that Saban's "support coaches" do more than the actual support/office coach.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is a former OC. There has already been one rumor that he's waiting until after the Title Game, which makes sense, and that he may be holding out for an OC position.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure where to put this, so I'll put it here. Came across a gator coaching thread on reddit, and there's someone suggesting that Dameyune Craig could end up here. That would be pretty crazy.
There's other nuggets too. Zero clue how substantial anything in there, I just found it interesting.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty happy with who we have on defense for coaching. We need improvement on offense and recruiting.

Also on Cristobal, since Shannon is now D.C., does that open up some titles for more money to Cristobal, like Associate head coach or whatever it's called

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty happy with who we have on defense for coaching. We need improvement on offense and recruiting.

Also on Cristobal, since Shannon is now D.C., does that open up some titles for more money to Cristobal, like Associate head coach or whatever it's called
FWIW, Dameyune Craig is LSUs WR coach who's also been at FSU and Auburn. He's a big recruiter....I think Oregon is after him. Obviously that reddit thing is grain of salt material though.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is a former OC. There has already been one rumor that he's waiting until after the Title Game, which makes sense, and that he may be holding out for an OC position.
This is my point. I have read in other places that Locksley wants to call plays and he will not be the OC here, that is NussChump's job until further notice. So, I doubt Locksley is coming here

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think there's anyway we get Craig. He is one of the top recruiters in the nation. Maybe the top recruiter. That would be a coup. But I think it's fantasy.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We deserve (to each according to his need) the nation's #1 recruiter.
Tell Craig he'd get immediate playing time.
Heck, Mac go Sabinish = Secretly tell Locksley that he's OC-in-Waiting so it'd be
easier & sooner that Mac could exile Nuss .

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FWIW, Dameyune Craig is LSUs WR coach who's also been at FSU and Auburn. He's a big recruiter....I think Oregon is after him. Obviously that reddit thing is grain of salt material though.
Ahhhh...I didn't look him up, for some reason I thought he was a DB coach. Thanks for clarifying.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like Taggart is putting a pretty good staff together.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Craig is probably a better recruiter that he was a quarterback. I'm surprised he left the barn since that's where he played.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if Taggart has announced anything recently. Do we really believe that coaches with ties to the SE and East coast will 1) want to go to Oregon or 2) be as valuable to Oregon. Sure they'll get some east coast recruits here and there, but they will have to build new relationships and primarily recruit Cali. It's hard enough for Oregon to get Florida kids now with the big three plus Bama, OSU, Clemson and others, but now the 3* kids will be recruited by Kiffin, Strong and Butch Davis. Just doesn't seem like a good long term move for either Cristobal or Locksley to go to Oregon. Unless they have West Coast history, and if they do, someone please let us know

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
A good head coach recognizes deficiencies and does what he can to correct them or make improvements. Gator deficiencies are obvious: offensive production, recruiting and special teams. (Net punting and FG's have been outstanding but not much of anything else. Very little in the way of a return threat; and how many kicks have been blocked under McElwain?) This is where McElwain shows us what kind of coach he is and what kind of program he wants to build here. Are his expectations so low that he cannot or will not make changes in those key areas? Next year starts now.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if Taggart has announced anything recently. Do we really believe that coaches with ties to the SE and East coast will 1) want to go to Oregon or 2) be as valuable to Oregon. Sure they'll get some east coast recruits here and there, but they will have to build new relationships and primarily recruit Cali. It's hard enough for Oregon to get Florida kids now with the big three plus Bama, OSU, Clemson and others, but now the 3* kids will be recruited by Kiffin, Strong and Butch Davis. Just doesn't seem like a good long term move for either Cristobal or Locksley to go to Oregon. Unless they have West Coast history, and if they do, someone please let us know

Locksley coached in the WAC for a couple years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
More likely you will get

""BREAKING: UF has to go with 9 man coaching staff in effort to save money."
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:. I literally lolled.

We would have people on here lauding it. Along with guaranteed four year scholarships, 70 scholly teams and delapidated facilties with plumbing that no longer works, UF is leading the way with the 9 man coaching staff. All other teams are expected to adopt our measures soon, very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator