Cristobal leaving Bama?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if Taggart has announced anything recently. Do we really believe that coaches with ties to the SE and East coast will 1) want to go to Oregon or 2) be as valuable to Oregon. Sure they'll get some east coast recruits here and there, but they will have to build new relationships and primarily recruit Cali. It's hard enough for Oregon to get Florida kids now with the big three plus Bama, OSU, Clemson and others, but now the 3* kids will be recruited by Kiffin, Strong and Butch Davis. Just doesn't seem like a good long term move for either Cristobal or Locksley to go to Oregon. Unless they have West Coast history, and if they do, someone please let us know
I hope you are right, and Id love to see Locks and Cristobal as OC, co OC and recruiting coordinator but do you really see this happening? BTW Locks could also handke TEs. The TE coach pretty much points the TEs to the OL drills and receiver drills anyway. Lots of teams dont even have a separate TE coach.

Isnt this the year we get to hire one more coach?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope you are right, and Id love to see Locks and Cristobal as OC, co OC and recruiting coordinator but do you really see this happening? BTW Locks could also handke TEs. The TE coach pretty much points the TEs to the OL drills and receiver drills anyway. Lots of teams dont even have a separate TE coach.

Isnt this the year we get to hire one more coach?
Pluck no it won't happen. Butters will get teeth whitener before that happens

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Per Twitter, more smoke around Cristobal to Oregon. Also being talked about for Western Michigan HC. Don't see how we get him unless we cut Nuss loose.

I think Locksley and Stoutland are good options. Also smoke that a LB coach could come on board. So porentially lose Collins, Summers, and Nord for Stoutland, Locksley and someone I don't want to name. Slevin has offered to give info via DM. If that happens, we should be sitting pretty in a year.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love to have him on the staff here, but I'd prefer to replace nusschamp with an experienced oc.
Agreed, but a co oc with Locksley could possibly get it done for us. Let Locks call plays and Cristobal help in prep

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
From @jhopkins247 on twitter.

So with that finished, Mario Cristobal should be #Oregon bound tomorrow along with Joe Salave'a. Big moves by slick Willie T

I guess him only working in the SE doesn't matter to him.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

So with that finished, Mario Cristobal should be #Oregon bound tomorrow along with Joe Salave'a. Big moves by slick Willie T

It's amazing what can get done if your willing to spend the cash, oh well I guess we'll have to go with someone that will take the peanuts we'll be offering. Looks like it will be choice 2 or 3 for us.

Sep 29, 2015

If he's not going to be donning the O&B at least he's going as far away as possible. He's been recruiting the SE forever and has been damn effective at it. He'll be hard pressed to pull more than 1 kid out of the south all the way to Oregon, which opens up opportunities for our recruiters.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's amazing what can get done if your willing to spend the cash, oh well I guess we'll have to go with someone that will take the peanuts we'll be offering. Looks like it will be choice 2 or 3 for us.

I don't think this had to do with money. I think it had to do with title. Oh I understand with a title comes money… But we weren't getting rid of Nuss.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Color me surprised.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's common sense. He wasn't gonna come here for anything less than being an oc. Why would he make a lateral move? I don't understand why we were even talking about him

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's common sense. He wasn't gonna come here for anything less than being an oc. Why would he make a lateral move? I don't understand why we were even talking about him
Because it seemed like he wanted out of Bama. We could have offered him Co-OC, associate HC, or recruiting coordinator or a combo.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Because it seemed like he wanted out of Bama. We could have offered him Co-OC, associate HC, or recruiting coordinator or a combo.
Yeah but locks is getting the co oc tag. That's why Cristobal coming here didn't make much sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator