Cronkrite transferring

Sep 29, 2015
Exactly and some of Perine's big plays were pass plays, ie screen passes. That Cronkrite picked up pass blocking quicker was great, but players can learn to pass block if they care to.

He routinely caught inaccurate pitches and passes showing pretty good hands. Kid should be real good next year.

Sep 29, 2015
I hope Scarlett eventually does. Watching him on some passing plays you would swear he has no peripheral vision whatsoever when it comes to pass blocking.

I'm not sure Scarlett has it between the ears to become a consistent pass blocker. Not only was he unable to process blitzers fast enough, but I recall him missing holes
He sometimes has that same problem seeing the hole just off to the left or right of where he is running.

I think that's why Crunk had more success last year. Crunk processed the lane quicker and hit it harder. Scarlett had no clue where to go last year which caused him to play tentative. He definitely improved in that department this year and hopefully continues to see the game better.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
To be fair, he probably had to search for one as soon as he got the ball since it was no telling if there would actually be one.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I fully expect him to - he was #1 coming out of Spring and into August from what I remember, but he got dinged early on and never made it back to his full potential - I think he got in Mac's doghouse and had to go hang out with Clarabelle - then he had the attitude issue of not practicing for a week and never really got the chance to show he was back at full speed.
I think him transferring hurts us more than helps us. He provided good depth and could be a reliable starter if scarlett or perine gets hurt next year. He definitely wasn't a bad player.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I thought he was going to be much better this year. Last year he was the better of the two between him and scarlet and this year he got what felt like 1 play a game. he definitely got the short end of the stick in the rotation. With his ability to catch I am still shocked they didn't find a role for him somewhere, but then again they have to have someone throw him the ball.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
This is disappointing. I like Jordan, and wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.
He was good at a lot of things. Jack of all trades, but master of nothing. Good runner between the
tackles, but lacks breakaway speed. Good out of the backfield, and solid in protection. He will be missed.
NONE of our RBs has break away speed. They are good but not great backs. Wish we still had a Rainey that could break it on one little seam. A change of pace guy, the guy we needed in Dalvin Cook, stupid cook.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm no scout, but I believe this kid will end up on an NFL roster. He's got a good skill set for the pros. I wish him the best, he seems like a good kid, and it's disappointing that he's leaving the team.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am surprised he lasted until the end of the season. I am sure Mac was pissed about him missing practices and then being seen partying down in Miami during that time so he could figure out if he wanted to be a Gator or not.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Too bad. He does not run as powerful as Scarlett, but he is way better catching the ball out of the backfield. I think he is the quickest of the backs. Not sure how Thompson was ever ahead of him. For someone (Thompson) so big he runs with very little power. He hits the hole in super-slow-mo. I was unimpressed with his skillset.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Too bad. He does not run as powerful as Scarlett, but he is way better catching the ball out of the backfield. I think he is the quickest of the backs. Not sure how Thompson was ever ahead of him. For someone (Thompson) so big he runs with very little power. He hits the hole in super-slow-mo. I was unimpressed with his skillset.
idk, I think thompson has potential for his size he's pretty fast. I know he had fumbling issues, but I think he deserves a bigger sample size before judgement can be made for sure.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good move for everyone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
idk, I think thompson has potential for his size he's pretty fast. I know he had fumbling issues, but I think he deserves a bigger sample size before judgement can be made for sure.
There is a big adjustment from even the best HS to college, and almost as big jump from CC to SEC. Will he get better? I dunno, but I wouldn't rule him out. Remember he was a receiver until a few months ago.

RB is the one position group that we've recruited well. Cronk would have been the best back on many teams we've had since 2005.

I wish Cronkrite would stay, but I guess I understand how he feels the need to move on. It's a risk. There are still chances that the guys in front of him get hurt and he gets another chance here to prove himself. I rarely see these guys run off to 1AA and do well.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
This is good. Frees up a scholly for more of these,

705px-3_stars_v1_svg1.png

Why would UF chase after Vice Admirals? Expanding the AD staff?

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's EVENTUALLY pretty fast, but he's very slow to get to the hole, and his first step is slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator