CSU, Dream Job, and the buyout

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This article discusses the CSU AD calling the CSU coaching gig a "Dream Job".

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo.../19905497/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

"This is a fantastic place to be a head football coach," Morris said. "This is a dream job. This is a destination job. We are already are attracting amazing candidates from the highest levels of football."

Well, if the CSU gig is a dream job, then what would the UF gig be? I would think that any jury would reduce the buyout after that statement... Would it be worthy for UF to pursue that line of thought? In my mind, I hear Ox say "Discuss". I must be having a nightmare...

And to top it off, the CSU gig is attracting NFL candidates? Or is he really thinking that the little conference he is from is actually a high level of football?

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The AD can't say it's a transitional job no matter how well he knows it's true.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Rams resumed resume practices Thursday afternoon to begin preparing for a bowl game. Matchups and pairings for bowl games will be announced Sunday.

Freudian slip much?

BoomTown

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
...and of course they're going to include that $7.5M buyout in a future coaches contract. Pimps don't give up the Hos cheap.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a funny scenario: How would you react if Chip Kelly accepted the CSU job?

BoomTown

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n125861 said:
How's this for a bowl matchup, UF v. CSU

Yea, I thought about that the other night. It'd be fun, but not sure how I'd feel about the new coaches old team kicking the crap out of us.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n125815 said:
Here's a funny scenario: How would you react if Chip Kelly accepted the CSU job?

My sources tell me he's in negotiations with CSU. It's the Philly buyout that's the issue.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n125886]

My sources tell me he's in negotiations with CSU. It's the Philly buyout that's the issue. [/QUOTE]

:lol:

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Folks, the buyout is the "poison pill" to keep good coaches at small schools, I doube 6 schools in football would be able to do what we just did. Please forgive the negetive thought here, but if this guy is a bust, or another Zook, Foley better find a way to book the Orien spaceship to Mars for a retirement home, he will be the most infamious Gator that ever lived.
Bayergator

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Destination Job??? Morris from CSU been hittin' that legalized pot just a bit heavy. When he's not stoned he'll realized McElwain changed destinations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator