D’Eriq King Leaving Houston.....to UF to put Trask back on the bench (again)?

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Crazy! I doubt he’s coming here he’s too small for us. Who wants a QB that walks out mid year?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I get it now...
His Dad's name is Eric ...so like in the old days, D'Eriq means:
"Of Eric"

TMYK

Didn't really pick up on just why he wants to leave though...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Wow he must really hate Holgersen. Either that or he's sick of carrying that awful team on his back.

maybe the awful team is partly b/c of the awful coach. But the undersized QB was not handpicked by the Chairman of the Board of Regents and the school's richest alum and largest donor, who handpicked the coach, so in this scenario, the QB loses and the shytty coach just keeps cashing checks.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Maybe I’m wrong, but this sounds like a very “me first” attitude. Dude lit up the scoreboard last week, having fun, broke a Tebow record (against a bunch of inferior talent, but that’s another discussion)... then he decides to leave???

Something doesn’t smell right. Not sure we’d want the “pre-madonna.”

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Maybe I’m wrong, but this sounds like a very “me first” attitude. Dude lit up the scoreboard last week, having fun, broke a Tebow record (against a bunch of inferior talent, but that’s another discussion)... then he decides to leave???

Only as a WR. He’s dynamic but small. And they ran an article on him not too long ago - apparently he’s very unselfish. Took lots of snaps at WR and KR as a freshman because that’s where he thought the team needed him. Just kept plugging away at QB until he got his chance. Maybe he just doesn’t like Holgo.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

It definitely smells wrong. Even the worst prima donna doesn’t leave a starting role mid-season.

Waiting for the next shoe to drop...an accusation...an investigation...

And if that’s NOT it? He could have been the next Andre Ware.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Normally I am not a fan of this but when there are coaching changes it isn't that hard to believe that someone will want to leave. And he did light up the board last week but I believe they lost ... again. Why even infer we are entertaining the idea of taking him? Why would we want another 160lb undersized QB?

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Transferring to UF to put Trask back on the bench?

If Trask keeps this up he'll be going to the League, not the bench.

It definitely smells wrong. Even the worst prima donna doesn’t leave a starting role mid-season.

Leaving after four games gets you a Redshirt. If he's unhappy it makes sense. If he graduates he doesn't have to wait to play next year.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
If Trask keeps this up he'll be going to the League, not the bench.

It was a joke...Absolutely agree with you.

Leaving after four games gets you a Redshirt. If he's unhappy it makes sense. If he graduates he doesn't have to wait to play next year.

Maybe. In my experience, battling through adversity is the path to character and success so I’m biased that way. My dad never let me quit and I never let my kids quit. I could easily have made some huge mistakes by quitting. Easy to see that in hindsight, but in my unhappy moments I needed others to encourage me to persevere.

But, others seem to be prospering with changes akin to what he’s apparently doing. He’ll live with it either way, not me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator