Daddy always said….

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Never drop your hands. ( He won the Golden Gloves)

Last edited:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
"Tell me with whom you associate and I'll tell you of what you'll amount."

He was quoting his own father who was born in the late 1800s. That's why it sounds the way it does.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Assorted others:
"There ain't nobody looking out for you but you."

"Goddamn it boy."

"I'll give you **** and shove you in it, then give you hell for falling in it."

"Stop prickin around!"

"A man's word is his bond."

"Money's around, it's gotta roll! Hup!!!"

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"Everyone's an idiot. Don't always expect people to do the right thing."

I was about 9 when he first taught me that. We had just left a bowling alley after another kid's birthday party, and we almost witnessed a car wreck in the parking lot.

Those words changed my life.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
My FIL, "Get it out of your head"

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When a pretty girl would walk by my dad would lean over to me and say”She is so pretty, she needs to know me.”

It became even funnier as he aged and continued to say it well into his eighties.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
What my daddy didn't say was instructive. I was 13, sitting on the couch watching TV. He walks in from work and tosses me a car part. Say the one on the car is worn out and needs replacing. Do you know how many parts there are on a 1961 Falcon. I started looking under the hood, in the cabin, then under the car. Turned out it was the rear universal joint. Then I had to figure out how to remove the drive shaft. Then how to press it out. Then press it on. Then reinstall said drive shaft. Dinner was in the oven ('cause Momma). Dad was finishing, looked up at me and asked if the car would get him to work in the morning. I said yes; it did. Nothing else said about it. Until the big car needed a power steering pump. I am a pretty good mechanic. Saved a bunch of money through the years.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
What my daddy didn't say was instructive. I was 13, sitting on the couch watching TV. He walks in from work and tosses me a car part. Say the one on the car is worn out and needs replacing. Do you know how many parts there are on a 1961 Falcon. I started looking under the hood, in the cabin, then under the car. Turned out it was the rear universal joint. Then I had to figure out how to remove the drive shaft. Then how to press it out. Then press it on. Then reinstall said drive shaft. Dinner was in the oven ('cause Momma). Dad was finishing, looked up at me and asked if the car would get him to work in the morning. I said yes; it did. Nothing else said about it. Until the big car needed a power steering pump. I am a pretty good mechanic. Saved a bunch of money through the years.

Easy peasy...Let me google that for you!

:stickpoke:

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
First, respect to you for getting it done. Second, what maniac drives a car repaired by a novice 13 year old? :lol2:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
First, respect to you for getting it done. Second, what maniac drives a car repaired by a novice 13 year old? :lol2:
At least it wasn't a plane
Will Smith Reaction GIF by HBO Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator