Death Race 2019

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry I haven't posted much lately, I have been busier than a one armed fiddler with jock itch getting ready for my annual race to Cabo. The Mexican 1000 starts this Sunday and once again I'm racing in the Stock Turbo UTV class. This year there are 23 cars in the class, making it one of the biggest if the THE biggest class in the race.

The rally is 5 days long with 2 special stages each day totaling over 1200 miles. In preparation I have taken this car apart to the bare chassis, reinforced and gusseted and triangulated everything, and reassembled. In the process I had to change out 4 sets of wheel bearing, 4 ball joints, 26 pivot bearings, 16 bushings, and a host of other wearable items. New steering rack, new driveshafts, new differential, new clutches, new brakes, new axles and CVs, and the list goes on. Hundreds of man hours to prepare for this adventure.

Last year we came in fifth. The main issue was on day 3 we blew a hole in the muffler and the car started to run rich. This caused us to run out of fuel 7 miles before our pit in the middle of nowhere. It took us 2 hours to beg some fuel from a passing vehicle, and then an hour penalty the next morning while we fixed the broken muffler. In the end that 3 hours was the difference between 1st place and our eventual 5th place finish.

Lots of good, experienced racers in the class this year as the popularity of UTVs for desert racing has grown. Its going to take a near perfect race with the right balance of speed and caution so as to not break or flip the car. I'll post a link for race tracking in case anybody is curious how its going and try to do a few updates along the way. Wish us luck!
58462166_1195752327262526_7174816234599350272_o.jpg

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Screw you......... and Good Luck Gator!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
First, good luck.

Second, that's one helluva vehicle to pick up the Prom date with. Just sayin.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Best of luck, fly the Gatorchatter flag for even more luck

Does the number 68 represent you did a 69, but didn't like it so you know you aren't gay?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Best of luck, fly the Gatorchatter flag for even more luck

Does the number 68 represent you did a 69, but didn't like it so you know you aren't gay?
I was going to rep the chatter flag but Ox was too cheap to sponsor me.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck, Zambo! I hope you're successful and safe.

Who's Norra?

Go win the Mexican 1000. Go Gators!

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I was going to rep the chatter flag but Ox was too cheap to sponsor me.

I can donate all my Oxbux if you need some. I know those things are pricey!

Good luck, Zambo! I hope you're successful and safe.

Who's Norra?

Go Gators!

She's a United State's Ship of course. :exactly:

Beefing up that rig was a very smart idea for endurance but may tighten her up some as you go over those do-woopties (even w/that tricked out suspension) so I hope you wear a back brace and have a good seat.

Good luck ya big ape and I hope you win!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Good luck and if you did not have the issue last year you would have finished sooner. Would that have meant a higher finish? Are you allowed to have some emergency gas? How did you improve your muffler system if any?

This is a very interesting hobby to me, I could only dream of trying anything like this.

Keep us informed and once again good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.