Del Rio showing touch (other practice vids, Davis big hit)

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I hope Torrian Gray spent a little time with the special teams while he at Virginia Tech. I think they blocked a LOT of kicks. And the stats say that a team that blocks a punt wins 90% of those games. We should have excellent speed off the edge. (And if that puts our punt returner in a 1-on-2 situation when he catches the ball, instead of 1-on-5, I'm okay with that too!)

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see how any other SEC team can improve as much as we will.? What say you on improvement?

GatorsRock21

Sep 5, 2015
You brought up Brantley and I have to say. With the style of O we were running he should of never committed to us. It is a shame that he didn't go to Bama. He wasn't made to be a dual threat Qb. We asked way to much from him.. He is a drop back Qb. He had a lot of potential but never had a system for him. He was a Gator legacy that was bread to be a Gator. Its not his fault. Unfortunately he blew his chances by coming to UF. This happens a lot in college football. Anyhow, that is the way the chips fall in life. Imagine if Newton didn't mess up. He would of never came.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Florida+Urban+Meyer+spin+wheel+playbook.png

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah... he played great at Tennessee also. I think that TD was to Reed. I really think Muschamp messed up Driskel's head. He got worse every year.

That pass is at the 3:35 mark. Mute the music on this because it is awful.

Great find. That's exactly the pass. I can hardly believe my eyes...again!

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
The dazagram (great name, BTW) is epic because it so succinctly summarizes the offense play-calling that year, the typical results, and fan frustrations. When Edward Tufte writes another book on the visual presentation of information, this ought to included. (IMO)

The Harvin/Tebow play spinner is almost as good.

Thanks for re-finding those .... do we remember who deserves credit for inventing them originally ?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ZachAbolverdi: Dre Massey, C.J. Worton and Quincy Wilson had big days

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Yeah... he played great at Tennessee also. I think that TD was to Reed. I really think Muschamp messed up Driskel's head. He got worse every year.

That pass is at the 3:35 mark. Mute the music on this because it is awful.

That TD throw to Frankie Hammond where the Tennessee dude just laid down like he had been shot may be one of the funniest things ive seen in a football game.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You brought up Brantley and I have to say. With the style of O we were running he should of never committed to us. It is a shame that he didn't go to Bama. He wasn't made to be a dual threat Qb. We asked way to much from him.. He is a drop back Qb. He had a lot of potential but never had a system for him. He was a Gator legacy that was bread to be a Gator. Its not his fault. Unfortunately he blew his chances by coming to UF. This happens a lot in college football. Anyhow, that is the way the chips fall in life. Imagine if Newton didn't mess up. He would of never came.

:britney:

I was gonna ask if anyone thought Brantley himself was posting here as 'Gatorsrock21..... Until I read the last sentence. Brantley would have known that he and Newton were in the same class.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
:britney:

I was gonna ask if anyone thought Brantley himself was posting here as 'Gatorsrock21..... Until I read the last sentence. Brantley would have known that he and Newton were in the same class.

Alag, pretty sure Newton was no-class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.