Demarcus Bowman in Transfer Portal?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If he wants to be close to his family, the only options are us and Miami I'd imagine.

Also if he transfers now does that mean he plays 2021?

The turnpike makes all three schools an option. It just isn’t difficult to get to any location if you’re in central Florida. But yes, we would narrowly have the advantage over miami by an hour and a half or so.

So, as I said, we do still have to win kids over to a degree in recruiting. Even if we’re that dreaded “2nd place” finish, it gives us a shot later on.

That said, of course, the flip side risk of the easing in transfer rules(assuming he gets clearance as expected) is that it also lessens the emphasis on the initial decision. Kids often stayed home because of these very reasons, giving the home state teams massive advantage, because that LOI was it.

So while it’s nice to see players being able to return to FL freely, and we will benefit, it also basically encourages them to go with their gut the first go around and give that other OOS school a shot. In essence, the message is, “what’s the worst that could happen? You don’t like it, change your mind and transfer home with no harm.”

So it isn’t all positive and will make our jobs in recruiting that much more difficult.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He'll probably end up at Miami or some shcit

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

source.gif

JDW