Devin Robinson to NBA?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with this rule is that most of the guys who test the waters can't play in the NBA, yet all think they can. Therefore they choose not to withdraw from the draft b/c they tend to hire a rep/agent. Yes I know the NBA drafts on potential and prefers younger over older, but has anyone seen anything from Robinson on the court in a consistent manner that says he will be a decent or 5+ year NBA player? I have not.
I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think he's a nba player either. Doesn't have the lateral quickness to play the 3 and doesn't have the size and toughness to play the 4. Still, I'd like to see what he looks like when he grows into himself more.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think he's a nba player either. Doesn't have the lateral quickness to play the 3 and doesn't have the size and toughness to play the 4. Still, I'd like to see what he looks like when he grows into himself more.

Apparently the NBA scouts are high on him possibly because of his 6'11.5" wingspan. Draftexpress has him listed as 31st in the 2017 draft, 8th among NCAA Sophs and 71st among the top 100 prospects. He is the type of guy a team might take a flier on a second round promise.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently the NBA scouts are high on him possibly because of his 6'11.5" wingspan. Draftexpress has him listed as 31st in the 2017 draft, 8th among NCAA Sophs and 71st among the top 100 prospects. He is the type of guy a team might take a flier on a second round promise.
Yeah you never know. This new rule start some kind of draft and stash trend like they do with alot of these European players.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He is just about the ideal size to play the 3 in the nba and he is athletic enough. His big issue is that consistency word that firefoley used.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Never heard of him. Does he play soccer with that other dude who does coke?

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Just saw this from "The Gator Touch"

Florida Gator Forward Devin Robinson is withdrawing from the NBA Draft, due to a successful surgery to repair stress fracture in left foot.

He'll be out 4-6 months.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Great news and smart move. I hope the injury doesn't set him back during the off season.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Great news and smart move. I hope the injury doesn't set him back during the off season.

Yea I saw that 6 months isn't a stretch. That's no bueno, let's hope he can recover quickly and take that next step this year.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good move for him. Hope he can recover and continue to grow his game. He has potential to be a superstar if he keeps growing. I see him as a Chandler Parsons type player by his senior year.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good move for him. Hope he can recover and continue to grow his game. He has potential to be a superstar if he keeps growing. I see him as a Chandler Parsons type player by his senior year.

I agree.
Isn't it a shame that many times these players don't realize this?
Parsons could have bailed after his sophomore season and he would be enjoying a nice career in Turkey instead of making millions in Dallas today.
Devin has a lot of work to do but I agree that his top end is pretty high.

Besides, we could really use his versatility next season

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I read somewhere yesterday that there's a chance he won't be able to play next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator