Devin Robinson to NBA?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Per Mike White, Robinson may declare.

Will be interesting to see if he does, and if he hires an agent. He needs to stay for his own good.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is setting himself for a huge Junior year if he stays. Although, he is probably having academic problems and will go

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Take advantage of the Calipari clause. Might as well declare, get checked out by teams, and come back if they say you ain't getting drafted. And I would be surprised if teams would say he's a first round pick.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Definitely should NOT go, but no harm in testing the waters.

He's been one of my favorite players last year and this year, but he's not ready to go yet.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Take advantage of the rule. See what teams say. Whatever they tell you to work on, come back and develop that aspect of your game.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yea I wouldn't blame him for doing that, but really hope he doesn't hire an agent. We shall see.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yea I wouldn't blame him for doing that, but really hope he doesn't hire an agent. We shall see.
Agreed, if I were him I'd take a look too. Heck, the KY walk-ons are declaring, why shouldn't he?
IMO he'd be silly to actually enter the draft as he could barely crack our starting lineup last year. If he does go, I'd expect grades or $$ to be the issue.

Last edited:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dont blame him for testing. This could be good for us as it could further motivate him and show him how far he has to go.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This was announced last week that he was gonna test the waters and not hire an agent.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This was announced last week that he was gonna test the waters and not hire an agent.

White just said today that he finished player meetings and DRob may test the waters.

That's straight from the horse's mouth.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Per Mike White, Robinson may declare.

Will be interesting to see if he does, and if he hires an agent. He needs to stay for his own good.

Almost everyone on the team may enter the NBA draft. The new rules allow one to enter up to 3 times and withdraw. It is almost foolish not to go and measure yourself against the competition in an NBA work out or at the NBA combine if you can get an invite. So I would not at all be surprised if Hill, Chiozza, Allen, Francis-Ramirez, Leon, Robinson, Egbunu, Hayes and really anyone else on the roster declares.

The worry is that some franchise tries to improve itself by making a second round promise with a guaranteed contract for someone that you think might be a first round prospect with another year in college. I worry that either Egbunu or Robinson get such a promise and UF loses them.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How will this enormous increase in NBA "wanna be's" be auditioned properly?
Will this necessitate an uptick in scouting "shovel ready jobs"??

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I just heard that he is transferring...location unknown

Edit...
That is Devon Walker that is transferring to location unknown.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
White just said today that he finished player meetings and DRob may test the waters.

That's straight from the horse's mouth.
I didn't make it up dude lol. It was said on the radio last week. Must not have been official yet.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
How will this enormous increase in NBA "wanna be's" be auditioned properly?
Will this necessitate an uptick in scouting "shovel ready jobs"??

That is a good question and perhaps a great idea. The great idea part is that perhaps you and I can use this opportunity to break into NBA scouting even though in my case I have zero experience. The closest team to me is the Pelicans and they are going to maybe need scouts? Sadly there are probably enough ex-players that have wasted much of their wealth and will be in line before us.

It will be interesting to see how many of the 100s maybe 1000s of NCAA players get invited to a workout or anything. One article I saw wondered if a big influx of those declaring would crowd out the marginal SR who then would get less invites for workouts?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Are there going to be some high school BB-players to try out for the NBA and will they be allowed
to handle it in a way that the NCAA won't disqualify them from college scholarships ?
Grand$ Central Station of tryouts.??

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Are there going to be some high school BB-players to try out for the NBA and will they be allowed
to handle it in a way that the NCAA won't disqualify them from college scholarships ?
Grand$ Central Station of tryouts.??

No but. The rules for high school players have not changed. So you class must be a year out of high school or you must be a certain age for the NBA to let you in the draft

I said, yes but because there is one high school top prospect who I guess is old enough or has reclassified enough that he is NBA draft eligible and is said to be entering.

https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15127862/five-star-f-thon-maker-plans-declare-draft

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The problem with this rule is that most of the guys who test the waters can't play in the NBA, yet all think they can. Therefore they choose not to withdraw from the draft b/c they tend to hire a rep/agent. Yes I know the NBA drafts on potential and prefers younger over older, but has anyone seen anything from Robinson on the court in a consistent manner that says he will be a decent or 5+ year NBA player? I have not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator