Did I just watch the 2008 defense again?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Reese is like 245#.
He doesn't play that big and couldn't get off blocks at all in the 1st half last night. Could be from still recovering from injury but he has struggled against better competition since he's been here.

leogator

May 5, 2018
He doesn't play that big and couldn't get off blocks at all in the 1st half last night. Could be from still recovering from injury but he has struggled against better competition since he's been here.
He could not get off blocks because he was being held. Which brings me to the point I made in the game thread. If you are being held, try to move either to the left or to the right to make it obvious to the refs that you are being held.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I haven't seen it mentioned, but game ball to CJ McWilliams. He shouldn't have gotten a scholly offer from us. He is probably going to be outmatched talent-wise with the person he lines up against. That said, the guy played well last night by being very physical with whoever he covered. When a player like him steps up, I give that credit to the coaching staff. It also looks like he's added a lot of weight.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Grantham was seen doing the chomp on the sidelines. Does that make up for the throat slash? Come on, the guy is a huge improvement over Shannon and Sidehat. I know he is still not the best but he is ours now.
Honestly, Im all for an attacking D.

Im just not for Dwags.

He is growing on me.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The blitz was a gamble but it was an educated gamble. They know Fitz. They know his ability. They know how long it takes him to get a pass off and how long it takes the safety to get there.

FYI, Stiner got there in 2.1 seconds. Fitz never had a chance.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't seen it mentioned, but game ball to CJ McWilliams. He shouldn't have gotten a scholly offer from us. He is probably going to be outmatched talent-wise with the person he lines up against. That said, the guy played well last night by being very physical with whoever he covered. When a player like him steps up, I give that credit to the coaching staff. It also looks like he's added a lot of weight.
:mac:

Not sure what the hell you guys were watching. When he wsa on the field, he was getting toasted or was soft as hell every time I noticed him.

Edwards is far better. I guess we felt like someone needed to get reps as the new #3 CB for now.

The truth is we can send anyone out there and Shytzgerald wasn't going to complete passes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Did you actually watch the game or were you in a stoned haze?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Oh. Were you in a stoned haze while you watched?

Calling me a dork was hurtful.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Objection. The answer is nonresponsive. Your honor, we move to strike the response and ask you to instruct the witness to answer the question.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, Im all for an attacking D.

Im just not for Dwags.

He is growing on me.

My relationship with Henry’s bytch is evolving as well. It’s like my dog and cat’s relationship - couldn’t stand to be in a room together for a while, now just mostly pretend the other doesn’t exist. Occasionally when the dog walks by, the cat slaps him in the head and then goes back to her business...just to make sure he knows she still doesn’t like him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.