Did Vernon Fail His NFL Drug Test?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is the NFL actually trying to suspend players now for things that happened prior to them even being in the league? I could see saying they couldn't attend tryouts for teams etc. if they just had a domestic violence conviction but actually suspending them for things prior to even being in the league seems out of line imo.

He is in the league, that's the thing to do things like the combine you sign into the NFLPA to be available for the draft. The drug test at the combine in a part of the NFL policy. This would be after that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He is in the league, that's the thing to do things like the combine you sign into the NFLPA to be available for the draft. The drug test at the combine in a part of the NFL policy. This would be after that.

Ok didn't know that

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hargreaves III has always been highly overrated. He was a very good college player, but never was a shut down corner. The media was blinded by him starting as a freshman and the number of stars he had coming out of high school. When he was toasted, all you heard were crickets from the announcers. When he did cover some one well, which he did on many occasions, it was always pointed out how brilliant he was. In the Alabama game he was burned so badly that a poor pass from Coker was still complete because of the massive distance that he left Hargreaves III behind. I don't think he's worthy of a first round choice, and I'm surprised that he has remained a consensus one after the NFL has had a chance to dissect his film. I think too many people are always looking for reasons for a five star recruit to be great, instead of looking at them as just another player. It happened with D.J. Humphries, who wasn't worthy of being picked in the first round. It happened with the stubbornness of the Muschamp regime to keep trotting out the pathetic Jeff Driskel. The latest guy at UF who may be highly overrated is Martez Ivey. He was not a good player last year, yet there are many who think he is the savior of the offensive line when he plays this season. UF doesn't have good tackles with David Sharpe and Fred Johnson, yet the consensus top tackle in America coming out of high school, Ivey, doesn't seem to be a threat to take either guy's job.
UF will again be mediocre on offense this year, I predict. It all starts up front, and I still don't see UF having a single lineman that will even be honorable mention All-SEC. Who knows about the skill players? Calloway, as seen by the example of Fred Brown being kicked off Mississippi State, may never play another down for UF. As for the others, including UF's latest "Great White Hope" at QB, Del Rio, will have to perform well against a team wearing a different jersey, that hasn't been paid to come to Gainesville and be a sacrificial lamb, before I believe a word of the hype. It's not any different than the past six years. UF's coaches and players talk big, yet the only thing that matters is what happens on the field against someone that has a pulse. Will there actually be a difference this year? Maybe so, but as Spurrier said, no one wins any games in the Spring.
By the way, the "Great White Hope" expression has nothing to do with Del Rio's race, so don't get excited.
**** you and **** FSU

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This NFL drug test asked Vernon to pick the list (a,b,c,d etc) that correctly listed these drugs in descending wondrous effect. Vern got it wrong … had no idea. He failed, now no Pros trust him.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin Dork in Semenhole disguise.

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hargreaves III has always been highly overrated. He was a very good college player, but never was a shut down corner. The media was blinded by him starting as a freshman and the number of stars he had coming out of high school. When he was toasted, all you heard were crickets from the announcers. When he did cover some one well, which he did on many occasions, it was always pointed out how brilliant he was. In the Alabama game he was burned so badly that a poor pass from Coker was still complete because of the massive distance that he left Hargreaves III behind. I don't think he's worthy of a first round choice, and I'm surprised that he has remained a consensus one after the NFL has had a chance to dissect his film. I think too many people are always looking for reasons for a five star recruit to be great, instead of looking at them as just another player. It happened with D.J. Humphries, who wasn't worthy of being picked in the first round. It happened with the stubbornness of the Muschamp regime to keep trotting out the pathetic Jeff Driskel. The latest guy at UF who may be highly overrated is Martez Ivey. He was not a good player last year, yet there are many who think he is the savior of the offensive line when he plays this season. UF doesn't have good tackles with David Sharpe and Fred Johnson, yet the consensus top tackle in America coming out of high school, Ivey, doesn't seem to be a threat to take either guy's job.
UF will again be mediocre on offense this year, I predict. It all starts up front, and I still don't see UF having a single lineman that will even be honorable mention All-SEC. Who knows about the skill players? Calloway, as seen by the example of Fred Brown being kicked off Mississippi State, may never play another down for UF. As for the others, including UF's latest "Great White Hope" at QB, Del Rio, will have to perform well against a team wearing a different jersey, that hasn't been paid to come to Gainesville and be a sacrificial lamb, before I believe a word of the hype. It's not any different than the past six years. UF's coaches and players talk big, yet the only thing that matters is what happens on the field against someone that has a pulse. Will there actually be a difference this year? Maybe so, but as Spurrier said, no one wins any games in the Spring.
By the way, the "Great White Hope" expression has nothing to do with Del Rio's race, so don't get excited.
Written by a true moron who never played football past four kids in the back yard. Here, I'll type slowly for you. S o m e t i m e s t h e d e e p a s s i g n m e n t g o e s t o t h e s a f e t y . Dumbass.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law's alternate account? :lol:
Do you really think I have time for an alias account?

If I did, would I use it to foster the stupid proposition that every time the safeties blew an assignment (which was every other pass play it seemed) that it was the CBs fault if they happen to be the first person to recover and try to tackle the receiver?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do you really think I have time for an alias account?

If I did, would I use it to foster the stupid proposition that every time the safeties blew an assignment (which was every other pass play it seemed) that it was the CBs fault if they happen to be the first person to recover and try to tackle the receiver?
I don't think he was serious.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I never saw the tweets from Shefter or Rapoport. I first saw it from a guy with draftbreakdown. Since no one ever confirmed the report, I assumed it bogus even though the guy stood by his sources. He still does. We'll find out on draft day. On local radio today, they are reporting someone from the SEC failed a test. They don't know who.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator