Disaster? Tabor to host his own media day

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If this isn't a joke...absolutely not. No way. Time for Mac to shut him down.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The hell with it...let him do it. It'll be entertaining during the offseason. :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just proving why he wasn't invited.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Tabor is definitely entertaining on twitter, but I'm not sure this is a good idea. I hope that the coaches shut this down before he says something really stupid...

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Jalen-Tabor-to-hold-his-own-version-of-SEC-Media-Days-46126421?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=160707_090836_Florida Gators&utm_content=Link
:lmao2:

Love it. I'm pretty confident that if Tabor's mouth was really a problem, Mac would shut him down. Just because Tabor is not an official mouthpiece of the program, doesn't mean Mac sees no value in Tabor being an online personality. You think potential recruits don't notice him? Something tells me Tabor's answers will not include anything Mac wants kept quiet.

Might even be by design- you know, a better designed and packaged version of the doomed #Ask Jameis# publicity effort by the clowns.. If Tabor starts out the season sitting out games, we can guess I was wrong.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Time for Mr. Tabor to drink a tall glass of STFU and a seat on the bench for game one.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao2:

Love it. I'm pretty confident that if Tabor's mouth was really a problem, Mac would shut him down. Just because Tabor is not an official mouthpiece of the program, doesn't mean Mac sees no value in Tabor being an online personality. You think potential recruits don't notice him? Something tells me Tabor's answers will not include anything Mac wants kept quiet.

Might even be by design- you know, a better designed and packaged version of the doomed #Ask Jameis# publicity effort by the clowns.. If Tabor starts out the season sitting out games, we can guess I was wrong.

FSU sponsored #ASKJAMEIS one of the dumbest marketing moves a college football team has ever done.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
FSU sponsored #ASKJAMEIS one of the dumbest marketing moves a college football team has ever done.
Agreed.

This is not constructed the same way though. It is, or at least comes off as student initiated, spontaneous, a bit rebellious to typical SEC Media Days protocol. That has potential appeal to peers and fans. The Jameis debacle was first of all not Jameis answering questions, and was an insane idea, given his highly visible highly negative image.

My thought is that if this happens, Mac sees no harm in it, and I wouldn't be surprised, as I said, if there is some design to it. Mac is very methodical and purposeful in how he goes about "spontaneous" moments. This has gotten press. Off summer publicity. Harbaugh has his method of continuing Michigan media exposure. Maybe , regardless of how this came about, it is also an opportunity for free non negative online exposure for our program. People love to be entertained..

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Am I the only one that sees potential for real harm here?

This situation with police and the African American community is a real issue but nothing positive comes from people spewing attacks and labels on officers without facts "Does the phrase "hands up don't shoot" mean anything to anybody?"
In fact, it encourages actions like Dallas last night.
If I was coach Mac, I would strongly encourage Jalen to stick to topics he completely understands.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Am I the only one that sees potential for real harm here?

This situation with police and the African American community is a real issue but nothing positive comes from people spewing attacks and labels on officers without facts "Does the phrase "hands up don't shoot" mean anything to anybody?"
In fact, it encourages actions like Dallas last night.
If I was coach Mac, I would strongly encourage Jalen to stick to topics he completely understands.

Reading the things Tabor says; I'm not sure he understands much of anything outside of a brown lemon-shaped object

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm betting this year Tabor leads the team in tickles.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016
I'm all for it! He indicated that he will not do anything to upstage the team members attending Media Day. So let him have some fun

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm all for it! He indicated that he will not do anything to upstage the team members attending Media Day. So let him have some fun
If he doesn't delve into political issues I'll eat Law's shorts. He's got an IQ somewhere between 55 and 80.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ahhh. Because he's not a conservative he must have an IQ between 55 and 80. Got it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a thread that politics can just stay out of?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed.

This is not constructed the same way though. It is, or at least comes off as student initiated, spontaneous, a bit rebellious to typical SEC Media Days protocol. That has potential appeal to peers and fans. The Jameis debacle was first of all not Jameis answering questions, and was an insane idea, given his highly visible highly negative image.

My thought is that if this happens, Mac sees no harm in it, and I wouldn't be surprised, as I said, if there is some design to it. Mac is very methodical and purposeful in how he goes about "spontaneous" moments. This has gotten press. Off summer publicity. Harbaugh has his method of continuing Michigan media exposure. Maybe , regardless of how this came about, it is also an opportunity for free non negative online exposure for our program. People love to be entertained..

Has the potential, but also has the potential to be damaging in a different way. Tabor is a representative of the University of Florida, one bad tweet can go national in seconds.. especially in the 24 hour news cycle.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He hasn't responded to anything yet... wondering if the university is working with him to make sure the tweets get answered in a way that doesn't look bad for UF? Maybe they are working with him to pick which questions to respond to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator