Dish Network Signs Agreement With ACCN

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I’d rather poke myself in the eye with one of those sword toothpick things that used to have olives or some such on it inside of an alcoholic drink...

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Quit Dish over adding a sports channel? More football is still more football.

Plus, when the score comes across that Louisiana-Monroe is beating FSU, if you can’t watch the meltdown, that will be a shame. I hope my provider adds it.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yes, had them a few years ago, every time a cloud came over the house it went out.
We only lose it in very heavy storms and only for a short period of time. And once in Virginia when it was covered in snow and ice. It was fine the next day when the sun came out.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We only lose it in very heavy storms and only for a short period of time. And once in Virginia when it was covered in snow and ice. It was fine the next day when the sun came out.

I go outside w/ a broom or snow shovel and push the snow off of the dish and it usually works fine.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I go outside w/ a broom or snow shovel and push the snow off of the dish and it usually works fine.
Ours was on the roof on a two story house and not easily reached w/o a ladder. Besides on this particular occasion I would have needed to use a blow dryer as it had a solid sheet of ice over the snow!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I live in Gainesville now which means that I have THE worst cable company in America, Cox Cable, and certainly hope that Cox does NOT get the ACC network since this would result in yet another rate increase for a company with really high rates already and a pitiful lineup of stations offered. I can provide a list of networks for them to add long before the ACC network.
I am trapped in a contract right now and plan to switch when it expires due to how crappy they are. I have no desire to watch Wake Forest battle Pittsburgh in anything much less football

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I live in Gainesville now which means that I have THE worst cable company in America, Cox Cable, and certainly hope that Cox does NOT get the ACC network since this would result in yet another rate increase for a company with really high rates already and a pitiful lineup of stations offered. I can provide a list of networks for them to add long before the ACC network.
I am trapped in a contract right now and plan to switch when it expires due to how crappy they are. I have no desire to watch Wake Forest battle Pittsburgh in anything much less football

I just left Gainesville after being disappointed at how poorly they run that town, but you said it well regarding Cox. I thought no one could top Comcast, but Cox showed me they could. As soon as I would agree to a 12 month contract at a specific price, they would increase the price the following month and give me some justifications. So with that pricey Cox bill added to the most expensive electric bill in the history of the world (thank you GRU, the criminals of all criminals), it almost left me fighting for spot in the medians with the thousands of homeless in that town begging to help me survive.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just left Gainesville after being disappointed at how poorly they run that town, but you said it well regarding Cox. I thought no one could top Comcast, but Cox showed me they could. As soon as I would agree to a 12 month contract at a specific price, they would increase the price the following month and give me some justifications. So with that pricey Cox bill added to the most expensive electric bill in the history of the world (thank you GRU, the criminals of all criminals), it almost left me fighting for spot in the medians with the thousands of homeless in that town begging to help me survive

Gainesville is run by academia and academia sympathizers, so the high costs and poor performance is easy to understand. I am telling myself that living in Gainesville is worth the pain but I may change my tune in a few years.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I just left Gainesville after being disappointed at how poorly they run that town, but you said it well regarding Cox. I thought no one could top Comcast, but Cox showed me they could. As soon as I would agree to a 12 month contract at a specific price, they would increase the price the following month and give me some justifications. So with that pricey Cox bill added to the most expensive electric bill in the history of the world (thank you GRU, the criminals of all criminals), it almost left me fighting for spot in the medians with the thousands of homeless in that town begging to help me survive.
You’re both wrong. I’ve had Comcast (currently have them again as “xfinity”) and Cox and neither are in the same realm of bad as Cable One. CO was more expensive, had older equipment, had slower internet with data caps, and less channels then either of them. Problem was... I couldn’t switch to dish (had them too - it’s fine in California but not in southern Mississippi) and no one else offered service (att was near with fiber but didn’t reach my neighborhood - had that service before too and while it was good, not worth the money).

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You’re both wrong. I’ve had Comcast (currently have them again as “xfinity”) and Cox and neither are in the same realm of bad as Cable One. CO was more expensive, had older equipment, had slower internet with data caps, and less channels then either of them. Problem was... I couldn’t switch to dish (had them too - it’s fine in California but not in southern Mississippi) and no one else offered service (att was near with fiber but didn’t reach my neighborhood - had that service before too and while it was good, not worth the money).

Yeah, I’ve had Comcast/Xfinity, AttUverse and Cox Cable. They’re all terrible. But CableOne seems like the most ghetto service I’ve ever heard of. Sounds like something you’d be forced to use in Kandahar or Mogadishu to watch state run programming.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Yeah, I’ve had Comcast/Xfinity, AttUverse and Cox Cable. They’re all terrible. But CableOne seems like the most ghetto service I’ve ever heard of. Sounds like something you’d be forced to use in Kandahar or Mogadishu to watch state run programming.
The customer rep actually told me that they couldn’t help me with my cable complaints because they were moving away from cable and towards internet. Basically said it was a side business which explained my box being literally 12 years old. And that was a TiVO...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I’d rather poke myself in the eye with one of those sword toothpick things that used to have olives or some such on it inside of an alcoholic drink...
You pretending that you don't put olives in your queer beers is cute

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator