DJ Humphries: being a healthy scratch entire rookie year "humbled" me

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Arians stated early in camp last year that he was soft with no work ethic. He even gave him the nickname "knee deep" because that's how far he had to stick his foot up his butt to get him to do anything. This is no surprise.
He was just so so when here, another 5 star bust really. He was dog lazy. When you give a dog lazy person millions of dollars that is going to be a tad demotivating. He will take as much money as the NFL will give him from his initial contract and then find a reason to retire -- broke probably.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I told you fools he'd be a first three rounds guy.

This is the way of the NFL. Humphreys, Driskels, and Jalen Watkins of the world always can find work with just one good workout despite film showing a career of poor play.

Its a lot easier just to look at a few stopwatches instead of days and days of film.

I thought his work out would have gotten him a late second day or high third day deal, but a first day pick was poor scouting.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Why did they draft him? Enjoy the read. :lmao2:

"Nasty play demeanor with legitimate toughness to his game. Plays through and past the whistle. Stays cranky. Into it all game long vs. LSU's Danielle Hunter. Flexible hips and knees offer up leverage wins as run blocker. Gets down blocks secured and transitions quickly into second-level stalker with ability to mirror moving linebackers in space. As base-blocker, hustles feet into position and works to wall defender off. Has desired foot quickness combined with proper angles to be effective blocker on play side and back side on stretch plays. Gains good ground with kick slide and takes smart angles to cut off the edge. Rarely narrows base in run or pass game. Uses length to help cut off inside rush moves."

Yikes. This guy is the over-the-top sommelier of the NFL combine. Just skimmed through it briefly, but I'd be shocked if the phrase "fruit forward" doesn't appear somewhere in there.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great measurables coupled with weak work ethic equal Draft Bust!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Chesterton_Windmill.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online