Alright. Enough of this. Take it to PM.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n172863 said:
Dont hate us because we are right. Foley has been one cheap mofo. Everybody knows it. Now he is spending because he has no choice. I am really happy about it. But lets not rewrite history. It was what it was. It seems like we are good to go now.

img.php
J told us to knock it off. What's that white stuff in your mouth? :burn:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n172856 said:
Thanks for verifying that you are an alias for Avatara, who is the one my post was directed to....hard to keep your b.s. straight, eh?
He's been "here" (old board) for a while.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
No worries J, I'm not taking it any further past these facts.

1. I'm not anyone else.
2. Avatara's post wasn't the one quoted.
3. I'm too old for unwarranted B.S. (that ain't sayin' much)
4. Miley is disgusting

WinterGarden Gator

Jan 15, 2015
Anyone else think Rumph leaving Strong and Texas was a bold move. I'm sure he will get more than the $415K he received there at Texas, but I was doubting he'd pull the trigger to come to UF. I mean Texas should be on the rise, and Texas is no chump school(at least not any more, lol). Rumph clearly has a good relationship with Mac, but I wonder if he also likes coaching with Randy Shannon. Randy Shannon might be our most important coach after Mac. Also read that all South FLA recruits listed Shannon as their primary recruiter. Love this guy.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n172747 said:
They got 10 damn times what they effin' deserved based on performance!
You do the job first, THEN you get a raise.

EXZACTLY! Everyone keeps complaining about asst. coach salaries. Maybe that has something to do with the hires Muschamp was making. I'm sure if he was bringing in elite coaches they would have made elite money.

For example, In Muschamp's first year we paid Charlie Cheeseburger over a million dollars a year. And that was 5 years ago. How many first year coordinators made that kind of coin 5 years ago? One or two, maybe... No obviously in retrospect that was a BAD hire. But at the time he was thought of as an elite offensive coordinator.

Bottom line is if the HC can bring in elite coaches who demand top pay, I'm sure JF will open the wallet to bring Gator Nation back to it's former glory and rightful place among college football elite.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I see some points being made but Foley has had that rep for a while. If I remember correctly even under Meyer we were trailing the other major SEC powers in total assistant coaching salaries.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, most our assts didn't deserve raises but it's a chicken and egg thing. If we have to buy off the rejects or discount aisle for position coaches, we are lucky to get a competent one. We've had someone's GA at our WR coach since the Creyer years. Our position coaches have been among the lowest paid in the SEC with a few exceptions (Trob). I know a million sounds big to you (and Fooley) but there's a reason that the coordinators that Saban, Miles and Malzahn want to keep make nearly twice that.

Like it or not, we have to compete against Trailerbama if we want to keep up in the SEC.

The debate is really over. Everyone that matters (analysts and Coach Mac) agree that our facilities need a complete overhaul and that we fell way behind. Fooley has finally been brought kicking and screaming into upgrading.

I'm very encouraged by this hire. It appears we are no longer shopping on the reject aisle.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n172923 said:
It's a chicken and egg thing. If we have to buy off the rejects or discount aisle for position coaches, we are lucky to get a competent one. Our position coaches have been among the lowest paid in the SEC with a few exceptions (Trob).

I'm very encouraged by this hire however.

Yep this was a good hire. I think we usually fell near the middle on pay with assistants but we were clearly trailing the SEC major players most years. I actually don't mind Foley not breaking the bank with the Coordinator hires this season if we weren't going to try and get a top name because they weren't in any position to be getting a top contract this season.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What some of you fail to realize is that the HC negotiates assistant salaries up front as part of their own contract. It was WM that had us shopping in the bargain aisles. He struck me as the type that didn't want anyone that was too strong...especially on the offensive side of the ball.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
PM..? Considering who it was referring to that could be premenstrual. Sorry ladies, no offense.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n173000 said:
What some of you fail to realize is that the HC negotiates assistant salaries up front as part of their own contract. It was WM that had us shopping in the bargain aisles. He struck me as the type that didn't want anyone that was too strong...especially on the offensive side of the ball.
I guess that's why we paid the coolerater $1 mil plus a signing bonus to sit on his fat ass year one.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know much about Rumph but his picture looks like a guy not to be messed with!

I like this hire.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n173411 said:
I guess that's why we paid the coolerater $1 mil plus a signing bonus to sit on his fat ass year one.

He must have taken the bulk of the money set aside for assistants. From what I've always read, the HC generally negotiates a set amount for the total salaries of their coaches. Apparently, WM f*cked that up, too.

Jake from State Farm

I'm wearing Khakis, why?
Sep 6, 2014
Gatoravatara;n172863 said:
Dont hate us because we are right. Foley has been one cheap mofo. Everybody knows it. Now he is spending because he has no choice. I am really happy about it. But lets not rewrite history. It was what it was. It seems like we are good to go now.

img.php

I hate to admit this but "I'd do Miley"!

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
MJMGator;n173589 said:
He must have taken the bulk of the money set aside for assistants. From what I've always read, the HC generally negotiates a set amount for the total salaries of their coaches. Apparently, WM f*cked that up, too.

Chimp was obviously never qualified to be a head coach at a major program. I can remember defending him in conversations with a bunch of fellow alum I went to school with and holy shiite (in hindsight) was that a mistake. Roster management, UF faculty relations, fan interactions, player relationships (i.e. the "principal's office"), everything! Total disaster. That guy wrecked this brand with his incompetence as a head coach. Great X's and O's guy, supposedly, but will probably be relegated to lifetime assistant when its all said and done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator