DL Coach Williams replaced with Chris Rumph of Texas

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n172656 said:
This whole Muschamp saga has roughed up Foley pretty good. It left a deep scar that only started fading on NSD. I think Foley could not take any more heavy repercussions from his horrible Muschamp decisions. Not only did Muschamp go to a SEC competitor, he was stealing recruits. After NSD everybody was starting to get happy and positive again and the pressure was starting to alleviate. Then the DL coach/Cece drama ensued. Mac told Foley this is what we need to do to stop the bleeding, and for once in his life Foley just threw in the towel and took out a blank check instead of cheaping out. See, money does change everything.

What is he getting paid to come here? I was surprised looking at the numbers to find T Rob made 10K more than Durkin did this past season.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n172607 said:
I've said this for over a month. Would be a sound hire with strong recruiting ties in North FL. Plus, it would give Kerwin a shot at a coordinator job in big boy football. Win-win in my opinion.

Does Kerwin still have kids at home ? I think he's not wanted to do that moving Maypole Dance that 'climbing coaches'
have to do and jerk his kids around. Also, can you imagine Kerwin coaching to defeat the Gators. Something has kept
him at paltry JU for so many years. ??

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
This whole Muschamp saga has roughed up Foley pretty good. It left a deep scar that only started fading on NSD. I think Foley could not take any more heavy repercussions from his horrible Muschamp decisions. Not only did Muschamp go to a SEC competitor, he was stealing recruits. After NSD everybody was starting to get happy and positive again and the pressure was starting to alleviate. Then the DL coach/Cece drama ensued. Mac told Foley this is what we need to do to stop the bleeding, and for once in his life Foley just threw in the towel and took out a blank check instead of cheaping out. See, money does change everything.

For sure. Throwing money at it changed the whole perception of the situation, and on a NATIONAL stage no less! Mac has been flawless in his crisis management and handling of Foley/UF Admin. From the outside, I would think, it looks like we lost a coach and ponied up to bring in a Home Run hire; ITS FLORIDA, that's what we do (or should)!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are you ALWAYS full of shiite? Foley just paid $5 mil of MacElwain's $7.5 mil buyout to CSU and $6.3 mil to get rid of the chimp and you call him cheap? WTF is wrong with you?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n172687 said:
Are you ALWAYS full of shiite? Foley just paid $5 mil of MacElwain's $7.5 mil buyout to CSU and $6.3 mil to get rid of the chimp and you call him cheap? WTF is wrong with you?

Don't bother with any facts. The "hate Foley" crowd doesn't bother with them.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n172705 said:
Don't forget the $15M for the IPF Goon
My bad. And the $54 mil to update the O'Connell this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Foley has been on the cheap end some when it comes to coaching salaries. Wait until the final numbers are in for 2015 and compare our assistant coaching salaries to the other SEC powerhouses that draw similar revenues / total budgets and I bet you will find us trailing them mostly like we have in the past few years.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
LagoonGator68;172714 said:
My bad. And the $54 mil to update the O'Connell this year.
Also rumors of locker room and dorm upgrades in the near future, but I'm sure he's holding out to make sure the first $75M clears

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n172716 said:
I think Foley has been on the cheap end some when it comes to coaching salaries. Wait until the final numbers are in for 2015 and compare our assistant coaching salaries to the other SEC powerhouses that draw similar revenues / total budgets and I bet you will find us trailing them mostly like we have in the past few years.
They got 10 damn times what they effin' deserved based on performance!
You do the job first, THEN you get a raise.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
imagejpeg

does anyone think coach rumph looks a little like Mac from mike Tysons punch out?

Attachments

• conv_2361.jpg
    conv_2361.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 49

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
LagoonGator68;n172687 said:

My wife says I am, so probably. But seriously, I really try to avoid calling people out on here and that's fine you felt the need to, happens alot. But look at what you and a couple posters after are say. Yes we are dumping that money, THIS YEAR. Hasn't been the case in the years prior. I don't hate Foley at all, I actually like him alot and respect the job he's done immensely. That being said, we have looked cheap and our facilities have been behind other premiere programs. Are we correcting it? Obviously YES, we are NOW. I gotta think alot of it has to do with Mac, Muschamp didn't get it done during his tenure. Pretty sure there's nothing wrong with me at all, but thanks for your useless input. With the number of people here that have echoed the same sentiment for a while, I'm surprised I can't recall this type of post from you regarding their opinions.

:snob:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Caloosahatchee;n172814 said:
My wife says I am, so probably. But seriously, I really try to avoid calling people out on here and that's fine you felt the need to, happens alot. But look at what you and a couple posters after are say. Yes we are dumping that money, THIS YEAR. Hasn't been the case in the years prior. I don't hate Foley at all, I actually like him alot and respect the job he's done immensely. That being said, we have looked cheap and our facilities have been behind other premiere programs. Are we correcting it? Obviously YES, we are NOW. I gotta think alot of it has to do with Mac, Muschamp didn't get it done during his tenure. Pretty sure there's nothing wrong with me at all, but thanks for your useless input. With the number of people here that have echoed the same sentiment for a while, I'm surprised I can't recall this type of post from you regarding their opinions.

:snob:
Thanks for verifying that you are an alias for Avatara, who is the one my post was directed to....hard to keep your b.s. straight, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.