Does Mullen keep the backups in?

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Since they played a hell of a lot better than our "starters". Or does he go back to Stiner, Wilson and Co.? Upper classmen and all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Since they played a hell of a lot better than our "starters". Or does he go back to Stiner, Wilson and Co.? Upper classmen and all.
That wasn't the biggest change. we stopped playing goofy things where the safeties stayed underneath a Nickelback and a defensive end dropped back as two high safeties and both corners blitzed. we didn't do much of that normal Grantham stupidity.

we also play a lot bigger on the defensive line. not just Campbell. we had several of our biguns that hadn't managed to be in the game before plus Lang period seems like somebody else but I'm struggling to remember.

with all a lot of new faces in the secondary ass was to be expected but the biggest changes were on the defensive line.

all the skinnies didn't get in until third and long.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to get off a merry go round........ meaning, Coaches are stubborn.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
That wasn't the biggest change. we stopped playing goofy things where the safeties stayed underneath a Nickelback and a defensive end dropped back as two high safeties and both corners blitzed. we didn't do much of that normal Grantham stupidity.

we also play a lot bigger on the defensive line. not just Campbell. we had several of our biguns that hadn't managed to be in the game before plus Lang period seems like somebody else but I'm struggling to remember.

with all a lot of new faces in the secondary ass was to be expected but the biggest changes were on the defensive line.

It was nice to see that Cox was able to be Cox with the big guys in the middle. If Slaton, Campbell, Dunlap, Lee, etc are able to stifle UGay’s running game, we will blow them out.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014

All true. I just don't recall seeing busted coverage after busted coverage.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All true. I just don't recall seeing busted coverage after busted coverage.
Again it is easier when you arent trying stupid shyt and just running a cover 2 or man 1 most plays.

Or having the CBs bail deep after showing tight man etc.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Again it is easier when you arent trying stupid shyt and just running a cover 2 or man 1 most plays.

Or having the CBs bail deep after showing tight man etc.
Only once on 3rd or 4th and medium were the dbs playing more than 7 yards off the receivers, and if I remember correctly, they didn’t convert.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think the forced two weeks off and all the ineligible players may have been the best thing that could ever have happened to this team.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Not to be “that guy” but mizzou from what I heard on the broadcast was dropping a lot of balls...I’m gonna have to go back and rewatch but sometimes that helps a lot too

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Not to be “that guy” but mizzou from what I heard on the broadcast was dropping a lot of balls...I’m gonna have to go back and rewatch but sometimes that helps a lot too
They did, but most were contested

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017

There was definitely one passed dropped that if the receiver had caught it, a blade of grass would have been the best hope for a touchdown saving tackle.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
It was nice to see that Cox was able to be Cox with the big guys in the middle. If Slaton, Campbell, Dunlap, Lee, etc are able to stifle UGay’s running game, we will blow them out.
If they can then yes it could be glorious... "ifs and buts and all" ,
That UGly offensive line is legit

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
There was definitely one passed dropped that if the receiver had caught it, a blade of grass would have been the best hope for a touchdown saving tackle.

This is true, but it wouldn't have saved Mizzou from the eventual azz-kicking that they got last night. The Gators just flat out beat the crap out of em. Mizzou lost the game on both LOS

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to get off a merry go round........ meaning, Coaches are stubborn.
MEYER adapted personnel in 2006 and won the MNC. Mullen was there. He's the CEO now. We got results on the D against Mizzou... finally. Keep doing THAT.

Last edited:

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I said I had to watch it...and it happens against USCe too...the best positive is UGA has a **** 5’10” QB and **** receivers

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I said I had to watch it...and it happens against USCe too...the best positive is UGA has a **** 5’10” QB and **** receivers
Lol... back to the internet "TRUTH" that you cant win unless your QB is 6-5.

Last edited:

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
This is true, but it wouldn't have saved Mizzou from the eventual azz-kicking that they got last night. The Gators just flat out beat the crap out of em. Mizzou lost the game on both LOS

A made field goal and a caught deep pass would have kept the game more interesting to non-Gators in the 4th quarter.

But, those are the breaks, if Malik Davis had not fumbled...

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Our offense had a lot of drops too. It evened out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator