Does/Should Anyone Sit Out the Bowl Game?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There are a million other forums besides that one that offer "Funny" and "Informative" post ratings. But even if that wasn't true, your comment still wouldn't make much sense.

What sets this Gator site apart from that other, inferior site is that this one has better clientele. Which mainly results from this site being owned and operated by a man who likes sports and does it mainly for the fun of it. The other one is owned by a man male but is largely run by two crotchety old women, and operated primarily for the purpose of generating income to finance the aforesaid male's kayaking trips and yoga retreats.

As long as the above holds true, offering post ratings here that are also available on that other site is not going to make this site more like that one in any negative way. In fact, given what I said earlier about people striving to be funny or informative so they can earn those ratings, it might even help widen the already-existing gap between the overall quality of the posting here vs. there.
You put way too much thought into this. :lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe they should sit out preseason practice, too. The risk isn’t worth it. Gag.

We’re all being fleeced. I should have been so lucky as to have been able to pick which final exams I took.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
If you win the Orange Bowl, you win what.....a plastic trophy? Other than #1, who gives a crap where teams finish? If you aren't #1 it doesn't effing matter. We aren't NC State.

It's meaningless. 100%. We should decline the invite.
I think the gift bags are the favorite thing for the players. Some of them have PS4s or Xbox’s. Other cool stuff too.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not for nothing but if you had a job with a seven-figure salary lined up, and your new employer said getting your degree wasn't necessary, would you have stuck around for final exams?

Football is risk. Life is risk. Do you go around looking over your shoulder all the time?

The best players in the game played hard, played fearless and played all the time.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Could not agree more. If you're going to allow posters to give each other ratings, then two of the best ratings you can offer to promote entertaining posting are "Funny" and "Informative."

As dumb as it may seem, once people see others earning those ratings, many try earning them for themselves. Yes, some will try too hard and embarrass themselves. But for the most part, it certainly doesn't hurt the general appeal of a forum when you've got posters who are earnestly trying to make you chuckle or tell you something you didn't already know.

I believe The Boss has said on previous occasions that he doesn't think there's any real distinction between "liking" a post and tagging it as "funny" or "informative." I respectfully disagree.
:bob:
Ox has a plan.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zuniga. Oh wait he has barely played all year so he will sit anyways.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
There are a million other forums besides that one that offer "Funny" and "Informative" post ratings. But even if that wasn't true, your comment still wouldn't make much sense.

What sets this Gator site apart from that other, inferior site is that this one has better clientele. Which mainly results from this site being owned and operated by a man who likes sports and does it mainly for the fun of it. The other one is owned by a man male but is largely run by two crotchety old women, and operated primarily for the purpose of generating income to finance the aforesaid male's kayaking trips and yoga retreats.

As long as the above holds true, offering post ratings here that are also available on that other site is not going to make this site more like that one in any negative way. In fact, given what I said earlier about people striving to be funny or informative so they can earn those ratings, it might even help widen the already-existing gap between the overall quality of the posting here vs. there.

The forum software only allows Ox to link one vote type that generates Oxbucks. If he had multiple positive upvote types, only one type of upvotes would get Oxbucks, and the others would not.

I’d let it go for now and see what changes when Ox has to upgrade the software to a newer major version. Who knows what will change then.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cool. They can place them next to the ones from the 12 worthless years Spurrier sandwiched around that championship.
You mean those six sec championships/ "first in the SEC"?

The guy who lost 12 SEC games in 12 years? That guy?

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Cool. They can place them next to the ones from the 12 worthless years Spurrier sandwiched around that championship.
Even Spurrier would agree that the years UF didn’t win the SEC were worthless years. You either have goals or you don’t.

Thought Criminal

Lifetime Member
Jul 31, 2018
Even Spurrier would agree that the years UF didn’t win the SEC were worthless years. You either have goals or you don’t.

That's stupid. Why stop there? How can anyone look at 1991 as a good year when the Gators were run the hell over by Jerome Bettis in New Orleans to close it out? Or 93, when Ward to Dunn happened? Or 94, when the Gators lost to FSU AND tied them in the biggest choke in school history, or 95, when the Gators were run the hell over by Tommy Frazier? Or 2000? Seriously? The Gators won the SEC but lost THREE games? That's good enough?

The Gators have CLEARLY never had a good season, at least not yet, because there have been NO undefeated national championships. What kind of "champion" needs "the promise" to win it all, or needs late miracles to back their way into a championship, or a rematch with somebody they already lost to? Twenty one schools have had undefeated national champions, but here we sit, nothing but fg misery and woe, all these years.

March to a million baby.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of march to a million, looks like we’re going to just miss hitting it by end of year. Last time I calced, we needed a little more than 28 posts an hour. We’re now up to 29.3. People need to post, post about anything.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That's stupid. Why stop there? How can anyone look at 1991 as a good year when the Gators were run the hell over by Jerome Bettis in New Orleans to close it out? Or 93, when Ward to Dunn happened? Or 94, when the Gators lost to FSU AND tied them in the biggest choke in school history, or 95, when the Gators were run the hell over by Tommy Frazier? Or 2000? Seriously? The Gators won the SEC but lost THREE games? That's good enough?

The Gators have CLEARLY never had a good season, at least not yet, because there have been NO undefeated national championships. What kind of "champion" needs "the promise" to win it all, or needs late miracles to back their way into a championship, or a rematch with somebody they already lost to? Twenty one schools have had undefeated national champions, but here we sit, nothing but fg misery and woe, all these years.

March to a million baby.
I hope you will recover from the state I have put you in.

The Gators, at least in the last quarter century, have always had championships as their goal, starting with the SEC. The years they didn't reach either of those goals was a failed season. Period. This doesn't seem like that difficult of a concept to me.

In 91, 93, 94, and 95, UF won the SEC, so they accomplished at least one of their goals. I didn't say a damn thing about an undefeated season, I said championships were the goal. I don't care how you get them.

Outside of the playoff bowls, EVERY SINGLE bowl game this year is completely, 100% meaningless. Winning or losing makes no real difference. I fully support wiping out every single bowl except the playoff versions. 3 total bowls - that's it. You're either in the Top 4 or you are at home scratching your buttcrack.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
A NYD 6 bowl is FAR from meaningless......particularly if it is in the state of Fl......Literally 1,000's of recruits NOT ONLY from next years class but future classes as well are watching live or on TV....I'm also pretty certain boosters will probably open their wallets wider for a program in the offseason that doesn't embarrass them by taking a sh!t(sorry Adam Lane) on a day when their professional peers and business associates along with EVERYONE is watching....

Some of you people are what's wrong with CFB today :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator