• Yes

Votes: 86 60.1%
  • No

Votes: 57 39.9%

• Total voters

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
If Franks starts next week, I want the 50k gator fans (sadly not higher) booing as loud as possible on his first bad pass.
Hearing that booing last game was sweet music to my ears.
I don’t wish Franks any ill will; I just want him to not start at qb.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Mullen will start Franks, hopefully he'll have a much quicker hook with him this game. If he does nothing in two drives, let the next guy have a chance. Not thinking we'll see EJ this week. Whether we play him or not against Fsu, I think Mullen will want them to have to prepare for the possibility of him. Still holding out hope he keeps one of his games to play for the bowl game. So he can have most of the reps leading up to the game, and just ride with him in it.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
If Franks starts next week, I want the 50k gator fans (sadly not higher) booing as loud as possible on his first bad pass.
Hearing that booing last game was sweet music to my ears.
I don’t wish Franks any ill will; I just want him to not start at qb.
Booing at piss poor play is your God given right as an American football fan.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think booing college kids is pretty fuggin pathetic. Heard it yesterday and just shook my head.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
That's a lot more than three games. It's 10 more months of physical and mental maturation plus spring practice. That's significant.

Well see what happens but I give zero odds to him not redshirting Jones.
So if he plays those 10 months and spring practice disappear? Weird, must be some kind of time warp. Maybe Mullen is saving him so he can play as a redshirt senior in 2022?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So if he plays those 10 months and spring practice disappear? Weird, must be some kind of time warp. Maybe Mullen is saving him so he can play as a redshirt senior in 2022?
I didn't list in chronological order, assuming most would understand what I meant.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Though I could not see how they practiced:

Every O&B Game Trask was more decisive than Franks

Every time I've seen Trask play, he's been more accurate

Against Mizzou, Franks could not hit the broad side of a barn yet Trask hit the same receivers.

Now I'd like to see more of AJ .... I don't want to burn a Red Shirt. Let him play vs ID but Franks needs to GO.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I really dont get the whole burn the redshirt. Do you honestly believe the kid is going to be at UF for 5 years? Because that's the only reason to redshirt a kid. It's possible he won't even be the starter in in 2 years (I only say that because Mullen just dont seem like the guy to start a freshman) so what's with the redshirt theory?

Imo you redshirt projects, good player but he's at a position that is deep, way undersized, or a player gets injured, no other reason to do it but those. Jones is a little undersized but not nothing crazy like Blackmon last year for FSU.

I start Trask against SC if we go down by 14 or more I put Jones in and never look back. He needs to be the Qb next year so let him get reps this year so he's prepared for next year.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I really dont get the whole burn the redshirt. Do you honestly believe the kid is going to be at UF for 5 years? Because that's the only reason to redshirt a kid. It's possible he won't even be the starter in in 2 years (I only say that because Mullen just dont seem like the guy to start a freshman) so what's with the redshirt theory?

Imo you redshirt projects, good player but he's at a position that is deep, way undersized, or a player gets injured, no other reason to do it but those. Jones is a little undersized but not nothing crazy like Blackmon last year for FSU.

I start Trask against SC if we go down by 14 or more I put Jones in and never look back. He needs to be the Qb next year so let him get reps this year so he's prepared for next year.

EJ should definitely be given the bowl game and most of the reps leading up to it

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Though I could not see how they practiced:

Every O&B Game Trask was more decisive than Franks

Every time I've seen Trask play, he's been more accurate

Against Mizzou, Franks could not hit the broad side of a barn yet Trask hit the same receivers.

Now I'd like to see more of AJ .... I don't want to burn a Red Shirt. Let him play vs ID but Franks needs to GO.
Apparently coach said they graded about the same for the game, smh

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I don't care what the grades showed or how close those grades were.

Anyone who knows even a minute amount about football could plainly see that the QB position, and the production of the offense improved dramatically under Trask.

Trask may get the start and look like trash, but from what everyone saw on Saturday, he was by far the superior QB in that game.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It is clear, Franks may have it in practice but he ain't got it under pressue.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Trask may not be able to throw it as far as Franks, but so what? It's not like we need to throw bombs on every play. Trask is much more accurate than Franks and that's why he should start. I don't know why Franks has regressed in the two games since Vandy, but he has. Trask also showed against (definitely lesser opponent) Chas Southern he could run the ball (rushing TD) - and didn't hesitate to take off on that TD. And that's the problem I see with Franks - it seems like in running, and to some extent, in passing, he seems to hesitate, just a bit. In the time Trask was in the game, he quickly went where he wanted to go and executed. Trask should start against SC.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Trask may not be able to throw it as far as Franks, but so what? It's not like we need to throw bombs on every play. Trask is much more accurate than Franks and that's why he should start. I don't know why Franks has regressed in the two games since Vandy, but he has. Trask also showed against (definitely lesser opponent) Chas Southern he could run the ball (rushing TD) - and didn't hesitate to take off on that TD. And that's the problem I see with Franks - it seems like in running, and to some extent, in passing, he seems to hesitate, just a bit. In the time Trask was in the game, he quickly went where he wanted to go and executed. Trask should start against SC.

While I agree, I doubt seriously Trask will ever be an SEC caliber QB. That said, Franks isn't either. So, what to do? If Trask starts and cant evade the pressure due to our seriously porous oline, we will be seeing him getting sacked regularly and people will be screaming for him to be replaced pronto. I still feel like Trask would complete more passes even under pressure because he makes quicker decisions and gets the ball out faster. Bottom line, we still need a QB and its gotta be EJ or JJ. This year is what it is.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I want to see EJ start the Idaho game. Develop him "in game" against inferior competition. Build his confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.