Donovan's NBA future looking uncertain

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His future in Chicago is cloudy after a 4-8 start that has onlookers already wondering if he's lost the locker room. Things have gone south since persistent knee troubles sidelined point guard Lonzo Ball a year ago. The team is mired in a shooting slump.

The Bulls have made the playoffs in only one of Donovan's first three seasons. He signed a contract extension before the 2022-23 season.

Donovan walked away from a rebuild at Oklahoma City. He could be looking at another one. One wonders if the luster of the NBA and year-round basketball could be wearing thin for the former UF coach, now 58. He'd be a hot commodity if he returned to the college game.

c297d1c8cf83889b1e538f044e3ee3d5.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Think of the promotional angles with a Billy roaming the sideline in each sport.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Think of the promotional angles with a Billy roaming the sideline in each sport.
Yeah, add Billy Martin in baseball and we would have a tri-fecta. Yes, I know he is dead:jog:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I was wondering the same thing and think it's only a matter of time before Chicago fires him. He might consider coaching at a small directional school in college, but the college game is so different with NIL.

If I was him, I wouldn't work another day.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Billy's a gym rat. I think he just wants to coach. He'll either become a bonafide journeyman in the NBA or he'll return to the college ranks as coach, but I don't see him in an admin role.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was wondering the same thing and think it's only a matter of time before Chicago fires him. He might consider coaching at a small directional school in college, but the college game is so different with NIL.

If I was him, I wouldn't work another day.
My guess is Louisville. He's gonna follow in petino 's footsteps. They're surely fixin to fire their coach.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
My guess is Louisville. He's gonna follow in petino 's footsteps. They're surely fixin to fire their coach.
That would make sense. They would throw piles of cash at him, plus it would scare the crop outta Kentucky and the ACC. I like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator