Don't let the first game versus New Mexico State fool you

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Remember our first "official" game last year? Here's a link just in case . . . https://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=400548101

After this game, in which we were dominant on offense, I thought "Things have changed: Muschamp/Roper want to be offensively aggressive, and Driskel is healthy and showing his true potential." Even in the Kentucky game, despite shooting ourselves in the foot repeatedly, Driskel passed for nearly 300 yards. After that game, our offense reverted to its pathetic norm.

The purpose of this post: don't be like me and proclaim "we're back" if we dominate NMSU. On the flip side, we are allowed to panic if our team is winning by only 10 points in the 4th quarter.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Nah, when we beat the dog poo out of them I am just going to enjoy it.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
logo.png

And for the chiliheads out there

The Chile Pepper Institute’s Center for Chile Pepper Information The Chile Pepper Institute (CPI) is the world's foremost researchbased resource center for chile pepper information. The Center for Chile Pepper Information (CCPI), is a project of New Mexico State University, a non-profit educational and land-grant institution.
This is a pretty cool catalogue they maintain online where they sell seeds for many of the varieties of hot peppers they have developed
https://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/content/files/2015 Catalog 1-7-15 edit.pdf

Z

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was going to make this joke...

===================================
QueenCityGator;n255445 said:
Remember our first "official" game last year? Here's a link just in case . . . https://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=400548101

Ahhh, the good 'ole days.
===================================

Then I started looking through the play-by-play. :facepalm:

On the first drive, we had to go for 4th and 2 twice before settling for a FG on a 4th and 5 from the 16. We just never had an offense that could consistently move the ball.
:sadnanner:

Oh well. It's a new year and a new coaching staff and a new O-line (really new like freshmen) and a new QB (who ever it is) so...

:stars:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think it is safe to say that no one will be getting overconfident in Gainesville for quite a while. We have 5 years of cluster*ck to get over. The Gator fan psyche won't be healed overnight.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Why is everyone assuming we are going to win?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
See what I mean.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n255445 said:

After this game, in which we were dominant on offense, I thought "Things have changed: Muschamp/Roper want to be offensively aggressive, and Driskel is healthy and showing his true potential." Even in the Kentucky game, despite shooting ourselves in the foot repeatedly, Driskel passed for nearly 300 yards. After that game, our offense reverted to its pathetic norm.
I think the key here is that with Mac being an offensive coach we shouldn't be reverting to the old norm. Now, of course there are no guarantees and there will be some others like OX-Law that will go and get negative once again but I think we will be fine.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n255465 said:
Why is everyone assuming we are going to win?
If we lost that game mcelwain and Jeremy Foley would be sitting on a very hot seat. I personally expect us to put a 50 point beatdown on em.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Have you seen their athletes? They are the best illegal aliens Mexico has to offer.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n255464 said:
I think it is safe to say that no one will be getting overconfident in Gainesville for quite a while. We have 5 years of cluster*ck to get over. The Gator fan psyche won't be healed overnight.

I see that damaged psyche thing here on GCMB all the time. People afraid to be the least bit optimistic. Either that or they're just jerks.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Most high quality SEC O-lines are made up of 3 or 4 fifth year Seniors.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n255558 said:
How about just enjoy every win for what it is?
Not a bad idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator