Driskel says he would have thrown for 4,000 yards this year at UF

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Driskel was given the opportunity when McElwain tried to convince him to stay. I only wish him the best of luck. If the NFL doesn't work out for him, we'll see if he considers baseball

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, last year playing behind a line with 4 NFL draft picks he was terrible and was outplayed by Treon. This year playing behind possibly our worst offensive line in history, why does anyone think he would suddenly have been better?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Driskel is just as Delusional (as the coach he played for) if he thinks he would of thrown for 4000. Hell...I dont think he threw for that many yrds in his UF career! Dude is an below average QB on his best day.

That being said, best of luck to him.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty good chance he could have thrown 2000 for us and 2000 for them with enough reps.

He wasnt even All Sunbelt Conference yet still having delusions of grandeur.

This is probably the worst Qb class ever, so he has that goingfor him I guess. I wonder how he takes it when the NFL wont promise him a starting job.
Not sure if it was the worst ever, but not very impressive.

His class had....

Pro Style
#1 Jeff Driskel 4* UF
#5 Brandon Allen 4* Arkansas
#12 Cardale Jones 3* OSU
#13 Connor Cook 3* MSU
#15 Kevin Hogan 3* Stanford
#18 Jacob Coker 3* FSU

Duel Threat
#1 Braxton Miller 4* OSU
#3 Jacoby Brissett 4* UF
#6 Teddy Bridgewater 4* Louisville
#9 Marquis Williams 4* UNC
#12 Marcus Mariota 3* Oregon
#14 Johnny Manziel 3* Texas A&M
#16 Everett Golson 3* Notre Dame
#24 Trevone Boykin 3* TCU

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel is just as Delusional (as the coach he played for) if he thinks he would of thrown for 4000. Hell...I dont think he threw for that many yrds in his UF career! Dude is an below average QB on his best day.

That being said, best of luck to him.
Good call, he threw for 3,411 in 4 yrs at UF. Remember the one year was cut short with the broken leg

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
We will never know because he didn't stay. That said, he would've been a MUCH better option than Treon this year. We have him against LSU, FSU we probably win both of those. People can hate on him if they want, and he did indeed play bad at UF but he would've been much better with Mac. Would've had much better talent here to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe. I'm not so sure JD has learned to throw the ball away instead of taking the sack. I do agree that playing for the Chump didn't help but JD couldn't get out of his own way. Playing against LA tech competition was a lot easier than SEC. However, playing better than Treon is a given.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
i'll bet we woulda scored more than 2 points against FSU with him...
So you think he'd have magically hit all those open receivers that Treon missed? His history says otherwise :lol:

I can circle 3, maybe 4 other games on the schedule that would have been losses: UT (Down 2 tds, had to convert 4th down after 4th down after 4th down to win), FAU, Vandy, and probably @Mizzou(Grier didn't exactly light the world on fire in that one, one or two turnovers on our end and Mizzou might have won).

Just saying.

Wish the kid the best of luck, but he's nuts if he thinks he throws for 4,000 yards in a UF uniform in 2015.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In the SEC, don't think Driskel would have been so well received as he was in the
USA Conference ?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe. I'm not so sure JD has learned to throw the ball away instead of taking the sack. I do agree that playing for the Chump didn't help but JD couldn't get out of his own way. Playing against LA tech competition was a lot easier than SEC. However, playing better than Treon is a given.
He sure as hell didn't play any better than Treon in 2014.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Not sure if it was the worst ever, but not very impressive.

His class had....

Pro Style
#1 Jeff Driskel 4* UF
#5 Brandon Allen 4* Arkansas
#12 Cardale Jones 3* OSU << National Champion
#13 Connor Cook 3* MSU
#15 Kevin Hogan 3* Stanford
#18 Jacob Coker 3* FSU

Duel Threat
#1 Braxton Miller 4* OSU
#3 Jacoby Brissett 4* UF
#6 Teddy Bridgewater 4* Louisville
#9 Marquis Williams 4* UNC
#12 Marcus Mariota 3* Oregon <<< Heisman Winner
#14 Johnny Manziel 3* Texas A&M <<< Heisman Winner
#16 Everett Golson 3* Notre Dame
#24 Trevone Boykin 3* TCU

So, not the point, but I'm seeing several 3* players that won Heismans and/or National Championships?

d11b38a77ed65150334169badc8256bf.jpg

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
People are confusing throwing for yards and wins... those are two very different things. Driskel due to opportunity could have thrown for 4000 yards, it was obvious McElwain's scheme got receivers open and that we threw more than under Muschamp. That doesn't mean that we would have more wins, depending on if we were still playing rotating quarterbacks or not with Driskel we might have thrown for more yards against teams like Tennesse, ECU, FAU, Vandy, etc... but we would have still lost to LSU, FSU, Alabama, and possibly lost to UT, Ole Miss and Georgia. We still would have beaten FAU, Vandy, and USCe because we won in spite of our QB, not because of him. We benefited from an extremely down SEC East this year, extremely down.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good to see Driskel is confident in his abilities. He will need that confidence if he is to ever have a long career in the NFL.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine Drissy is not a rocket scientist

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So you think he'd have magically hit all those open receivers that Treon missed? His history says otherwise :lol:

I can circle 3, maybe 4 other games on the schedule that would have been losses: UT (Down 2 tds, had to convert 4th down after 4th down after 4th down to win), FAU, Vandy, and probably @Mizzou(Grier didn't exactly light the world on fire in that one, one or two turnovers on our end and Mizzou might have won).

Just saying.

Wish the kid the best of luck, but he's nuts if he thinks he throws for 4,000 yards in a UF uniform in 2015.

UT and Mizzou don't count because Grier was the starter, not treon. You really think we would've lost to Vandy and FAU if Driskel started? So you think he would've been played worse than treon did? That's not possible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
UT and Mizzou don't count because Grier was the starter, not treon. You really think we would've lost to Vandy and FAU if Driskel started? So you think he would've been played worse than treon did? That's not possible

Do you think Grier would have started over Driskel? Mac might have stuck with the 6th year senior over the redshirt freshman.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think Grier would have started over Driskel? Mac might have stuck with the 6th year senior over the redshirt freshman.

I think Grier would've won the job. Driskel knew he wasn't going to start and that's why he left, so he could get a fresh start somewhere and get the starting job somewhere else. Driskel would've been a better backup option than treon, though I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator