Driskel Transferring to Duke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n130471]Has there been a UF player who's been more impacted by head coach instability and/or ineffectiveness over the past four years than Jeff Driskel? This kid got handed a really bad hand.[/QUOTE]

B.S.

He had the same number of head coaches and coordinators as Chris Leak. Driskel just flat out sucks. Good luck and good riddance.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n130480 said:
Has there been a coaching staff more impacted by QB instability or ineffectiveness? The staff had problems but even two star Murphy and true freshman Treon operated the offense with much better efficiency.

Driskel accepted the UF scholarship offer on the basis of running Meyer's read option. What he was welcomed into resembled nothing close to what he expected. He then was asked to endure three offensive coordinator changes in four years, none of them adept at tutoring quarterbacks. I'm well aware of what Jeff's inadequacies have been, most notably in processing the field while in the pocket, but I'm not at all convinced that we got the best out of this kid.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Caloosahatchee;n130477 said:
Wish him the best. Definitely got dealt a bad hand, but I don't know if he ever had it in him mentally. I second what was said about baseball, that is where he should focus his efforts. IMHO.

PS: Long time lurker and occasional poster on GSMB. Place stinks now and got tired of lurking here; So here I am! And yes Ox, I know, get a sig pic or you guys won't take me serious!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n130485]Driskel accepted the UF scholarship offer on the basis of running Meyer's read option. [/QUOTE]
Good point, except that he's terrible at running the read option, because it requires reading and thinking quickly.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n130488 said:
Good point, except that he's terrible at running the read option, because it requires reading and thinking quickly.

Disagree. It's as instinctual of an offense as there is for player to run. Based on what I observed of Driskel, he was at his best when he relied on instinct.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Heard a rumor he's going to Auburn. Malzahn likes our rejects. ;-)

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Question...wouldn't he have to goto an FCS school to play immediately or would he have to get a hardship waver to get that sixth year of eligibility?

Didn't they close the loop about transferring if you graduated in 4 yrs? Can someone add to this?

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX said:
Question...wouldn't he have to goto an FCS school to play immediately or would he have to get a hardship waver to get that sixth year of eligibility?

Didn't they close the loop about transferring if you graduated in 4 yrs? Can someone add to this?

I havent heard of any rules changes. He can transfer and be eligible immediately if he chooses a school that offers a major that UF doesnt offer I believe.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n130500 said:
I havent heard of any rules changes. He can transfer and be eligible immediately if he chooses a school that offers a major that UF doesnt offer I believe.

Thanks. I thought they were trying to close that loophole. Did he graduate?

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly this is the only way for him to jump start his Heisman campaign. The college football world better look out.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I could see him going to usf or somewhere like that

LCGATOR

Jul 1, 2014
well_bye_2.jpg

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n130485]

Driskel accepted the UF scholarship offer on the basis of running Meyer's read option. What he was welcomed into resembled nothing close to what he expected. He then was asked to endure three offensive coordinator changes in four years, none of them adept at tutoring quarterbacks. I'm well aware of what Jeff's inadequacies have been, most notably in processing the field while in the pocket, but I'm not at all convinced that we got the best out of this kid. [/QUOTE]

He stayed after hearing Muschamp talk about running a pro-style offense. He was the "#1" QB and could have decommitted and gone anywhere else.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
T REX;n130503 said:
Thanks. I thought they were trying to close that loophole. Did he graduate?

Yes he graduated. We got the TE Jake McGee this year from Virginia.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
Law98gator;n130480 said:
Has there been a coaching staff more impacted by QB instability or ineffectiveness? The staff had problems but even two star Murphy and true freshman Treon operated the offense with much better efficiency.

I was in school during the Tebow era, but a girl I know from the Muschamp era said that Driskel was FAAAR from smart, engaging, or likable. She mentioned how smart and personable Murph was compared to him. Point is, this doesn't surprise me at all. Lends some credence to the guys not wanting to play for Driskel... but who knows for sure.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
8802Gator;n130443 said:
Doubt it. Pushing a senior out the door could alienate some of the team, and all coaches have huge egos. He probably thinks he could turn driskel into an all american.

McElwain learned from the KING of "pushing" kids out the door to open scholarship space. Saban has been just fine....I'm sure McElwain will be too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He graduated. He's immediately eligible anywhere.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n130483 said:
B.S.

He had the same number of head coaches and coordinators as Chris Leak. Driskel just flat out sucks. Good luck and good riddance.

I agree. The crazy part I think that Driskel has more physical talent. He is taller, and has a stronger arm but he doesn't have Leak's work ethic and he sure as hell doesn't have his brains.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Smarts and accuracy is all that matters.

If Driskel goes to another SEC team I hope it's someone we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.