Not open for further replies.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n130483 said:
B.S.

He had the same number of head coaches and coordinators as Chris Leak. Driskel just flat out sucks. Good luck and good riddance.

Cold hard facts right here. Driskel -> NCAA Football = Tebow -> NFL. just didn't translate on the field with superior talent.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Best of luck Jeff.

He gave it a go for our gators. Some players just don't pan out, he falls in to that group. His best shot at playing sports for money would be baseball. Maybe he'll switch to being a TE where he transfers to if he wants a shot at making the NFL.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n130539 said:
Maybe he'll switch to being a TE where he transfers to if he wants a shot at making the NFL.
I agree but obviously he doesn't want to play TE.

No one could need a TE more than we do.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if that mcgee kid is gonna stick around. I believe he can get a 6th year

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n130546 said:
I wonder if that mcgee kid is gonna stick around. I believe he can get a 6th year
He doesn't need a 6th year. It will be his 5th year. He is within the normal "4 years of eligibility in 5 years" rule. He plays if he wants to. Actually, I don't think he can transfer unless he goes to 1AA (or lower).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n130549 said:
He doesn't need a 6th year. It will be his 5th year. He is within the normal "4 years of eligibility in 5 years" rule. He plays if he wants to. Actually, I don't think he can transfer unless he goes to 1AA (or lower).

Are you sure. Because he was able to play immediately I figured he was one of the 5th year grad school transfers

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. And he is a graduate but that has nothing to do with "5th year". Any graduate can transfer. That Smith kid that transferred to us from Utah came as a redshirt junior.

EDIT: maybe not. Roster says RSR, but his another page just said SR and showed 3 years at UVA. Doesn't matter he will be eligible to play. He only played in one quarter of what was considered the second game and his season was ended by injury. No doubt he will be eligible to play again.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
I'm sure Driskel will do fine at the South Harmon Institute of Technology. The Sandwiches need a good quarterback!

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n130542 said:
I agree but obviously he doesn't want to play TE.

No one could need a TE more than we do.

This is what is so disappointing. He's such a great athlete and could potentially contribute to the team. Unfortunately it looks like no one has ever told him he doesn't have what it takes to play QB.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley says he's coming out early and will be the first QB taken... coz, you know, Dooley has a lot of sources.

beaniemonk

Cubicle Gangster
Nov 24, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n130458 said:
Maybe this is a ploy to get his starting job back......Didn't someone on here say that Driskels dad threatened the coaches with transferring back in 2011 ?

Just one response? I've been on here for the past couple hours catching up, and this is by far the funniest thing I've read so far.

There should be a "Guess where Jeff Driskel will transfer" thread. My vote is Temple, because that's the first thing that popped in my head... Don't even know if they need a QB... But they probably do. Because they're friggin Temple...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
BC, Murphy will be out of the way and the Daztard will need one of his old recruits.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just didn't work out for him at UF, too bad.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Baseball, the kid needs to stick to baseball! Sheesh, I can't understand why he thinks he can get to the next level.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
beaniemonk;n130758 said:
Just one response? I've been on here for the past couple hours catching up, and this is by far the funniest thing I've read so far.

There should be a "Guess where Jeff Driskel will transfer" thread. My vote is Temple, because that's the first thing that popped in my head... Don't even know if they need a QB... But they probably do. Because they're friggin Temple...

It was sarcasm. Believe it or not there was quite a heated discussion about that by 2 posters on here just a short while back. One was stating that Driskels parents were threatening the coaches with transferring after the 2011 season. I never heard about it. I was one of the many who thought JD was going to be a stud and have a huge career here. Sadly I was wrong. I have never seen a player fall apart the way he did in a 4 game stretch and although we knew by the UK game that he wasn't going to be great this year I never thought that it would turn as bad as it did for him.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Jeff always handled things well including losing the starting job. Kid just didn't have "it". Good luck to him

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't mean to bash the kid but who would take him as a starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator