Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FB

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oops. Three and out. PIc six dropped. Blocked punt. Not sure why La Tech was just trying to run out the clock.

The whole damn team is Driskeling, starting with the coach.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well, they'll have to start scoring every possession like MSU. LA T defense will poop out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Driskeling. Blitz. OL holds but Driskel panics pulls the ball down and gets sacked. Zero run game. Driskel throws a slant but no first down. Not sure why you call that on 3rd and long. That was on Holtz or Peterson. Bad first series after half.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Law98gator;n298798 said:
That second TD pass was sweet. As nice as anything I've seen Driskel throw. Chimp would have gone nuts because in his world the receiver didn't have three or four steps and wasn't open. Nice read and thow.

The commentator said the OC simplified to offense for Driskel. That simply wouldn't have worked for Mac.

Driskel is feasting on that soft zone Cowbell is using. That little slot receiver has most of the yards. Weird because that isn't the Manny Diaz way. He looked more like the old Driskel in that last drive, getting pressured, forgetting progressions and just rolling right out of bounds.

Commentator also brought up that he isn't reading the zone read correctly. End is crashing but Driskel is giving. I'm not sure that's his fault though like at UF when we took away his read duties, so he may not have the option to keep.

If Cowbell loses here and finishes last or second from last again, I wonder how long Mullett lasts. His record in games that matter (ranked teams) is atrocious.
Meanwhile Ole Miss getting spanked by Memphis making our signature win a lot less shiny. We have another chance today, but damn, OM sucks.

Edit: Forgot to mention LOL at anyone who wanted that loser here and the dumbazz OM AD for giving Hugh Freeze what 4-5 million a year for finishing middle of the SECW.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n298826 said:
Edit: Forgot to mention LOL at anyone who wanted that loser here and the dumbazz OM AD for giving Hugh Freeze what 4-5 million a year for finishing middle of the SECW.
Beating Bammer two years in a row is impressive. However, you just can't get enough talent at OM to be anything but a gadfly. If he wants to stay at OM and eat the scraps that fall off the table at Bammer, LSU and aTm, good for him.

I think we got the right guy. I like the downfield passing and know that we will add a power rushing attack once we get an OL.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel seems rattled again. Taking only the dumpoff receivers. Little long on the seam route. It was a good look though and the right read. Get a break on roughing the kicker. Another chance.

Hits the CB in the back of the jersey. Not sure what that was. Errant or Driskel thought stop route. Next play misses corner route. Commentator says too much air but I don't agree. Receiver isn't there. He's too small to fight through the safety. FG. At least they get points.

Prescott doesn't look to good in the next series. Another penalty saves it. Now Cowbell is moving the ball with a new back. TD. Feels like the game is over.

OK. Driskell is missing long on the long routes. Short hops a screen pass. Commentator calls him out for staring down the receiver. Throws a pick six. DB had to work to score on that.

He's done. You can see it in his eyes on the sideline. I will say this, it's easier to watch and easier to feel sorry for him when he isn't on our team.

A new QB is on the field.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel struggles against SEC teams...today is no different

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Law98gator;n298833 said:
Driskel seems rattled again. Taking only the dumpoff receivers. Little long on the seam route. It was a good look though and the right read. Get a break on roughing the kicker. Another chance.

Hits the CB in the back of the jersey. Not sure what that was. Errant or Driskel thought stop route. Next play misses corner route. Commentator says too much air but I don't agree. Receiver isn't there. He's too small to fight through the safety. FG. At least they get points.

Prescott doesn't look to good in the next series. Another penalty saves it. Now Cowbell is moving the ball with a new back. TD. Feels like the game is over.

OK. Driskell is missing long on the long routes. Short hops a screen pass. Commentator calls him out for staring down the receiver. Throws a pick six. DB had to work to score on that.

He's done. You can see it in his eyes on the sideline. I will say this, it's easier to watch and easier to feel sorry for him when he isn't on our team.

A new QB is on the field

Didn't watch the game, but reading this thread is de ja vu. Driskel obviously had some skills, showed early spouts of potential, but once the D / D coordinator figured out his weaknesses he was toast, and then mentally he just shut down.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel cursed by Muschamp. He still have 303 yards passing and 2 TDs. He is having a good year but in a crap conference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.