ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He didn't catch a pass, but probably had one of his best games as a Gator. He had key blocks on almost all the big runs. Kudos to him for being a true team player and doing the dirty work to help the team win.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Robinson and the rest of the team really played hard. They showed they aren't checking out despite the atmosphere right now.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. Played his heart out and was an impact player, even without a single catch. That's a team player. Now, as an award for his efforts, I hope he has a big game catching the ball as a next week.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
He sold his fake route perfectly on KT's 65 yeard exclamation run. The DB was running right along with him until Robinson turned and completely sealed off the sideline for the TD.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Danielson's praise of him on the double block was great. And then Verne busted a nut had me laughing. Lovely avatar Wobble.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope DRob stays consistent in his play. He will have a great game and then the next week, he plays horribly.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The plays that I noticed, he played hard. It's possible that he also had a bunch that he didn't - I don't know. Only the coaches (or someone who was there and paid particular attention to him) know if he graded out a champion or not. I don't want to be a Debby Downer, I'm just trying to be realistic. It is clear however, that the whole team bought in and contributed to us stompin' the dogs.

Go Gators! Keep workin' 'em silly!

:chomp:

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n97400 said:
The plays that I noticed, he played hard. It's possible that he also had a bunch that he didn't - I don't know.
Sooooo ... why even say anything?

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
It was pleasantly surprising. From being a "problem child" to team player. Not only was he doing the dirty work, but he really appeared to be enjoying himself.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Next game I say we reward our WR's by letting them catch passes. Let's keep this momentum rolling.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n97482 said:
Next game I say we reward our WR's by letting them catch passes. Let's keep this momentum rolling.

This. Perfect opponent coming up.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n97440 said:
Sooooo ... why even say anything?

I'm glad you ask.

I see a lot of people classifying people as pumpers or negators. While there may be some truth in that distinction, I think it is more accurate to classify people here (and perhaps in many other arenas of life) as measured or "quick concluders." It seems to me that many here are quick to say that we have the best stable of backs in SEC in the preseason (or something similar) and then the tone turns quickly when expectations are disappointed.

That's why I try to comment with a more measured, balanced view of issues - in this case, D Rob's performance. I was very happy to see the effort that I saw, but I'm not sure what his overall performance was like. It's very easy for me to imagine people saying "D Rob's turned a corner! He's a team player now! Leak has done a great job with him!" ...only to see the pendulum swing too far in the opposite direction when and if something manifests that contradicts these hopeful statements.

I just wanna be like Ox, fair and balanced. :lol:

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014

Exactly. SC and F$U aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SC may not fall for it, but I don't know if their defense could stop it anyway.

UFS? heard Winston loves the banana in the tailpipe

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n97473 said:
It was pleasantly surprising. From being a "problem child" to team player. Not only was he doing the dirty work, but he really appeared to be enjoying himself.
It's evident that these young gentlemen just play better when Harris is in the game. It's always been a small mystery why one QB will inspire the team more than another. Obviously, he did nothing special but the team just looked completely different.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Classic!

[video=youtube;orH6ZSY0W1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orH6ZSY0W1o[/video]

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I have no doubt this will happen. The reality is that last week we were running the ball so successfully there was no need to pass. Everybody seems to think the game plan was to run it 60 times. I think the game plan was definitely to rely on the run, but they had planned to mix some passing in. They never dreamed we would be able to run the ball on UGA like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator