Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n98017 said:
It's evident that these young gentlemen just play better when Harris is in the game. It's always been a small mystery why one QB will inspire the team more than another. Obviously, he did nothing special but the team just looked completely different.
Well, part of it was Pruitt from Ugly. He can make even Driskel look good. It's inexplicable because he's generally good against everyone else.

Part of it is that Harris gets the team in the proper protections and schemes. Driskel just isn't good at the thinking part of football... and most other parts of the game.

Another part is that the team knows Harris will usually do well under pressure and Driskel will always do something stupid. The team just responds to Harris. It factor, or whatever.

I wish I had a stat about what percentage of possessions we've scored with Harris under center. It's pretty high. It may be the highest in the SEC at this point.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n97994 said:
SC may not fall for it, but I don't know if their defense could stop it anyway.
Their defense is weakest against the pass. Just because everyone else looks good against them doesn't mean we will. Actually, I'll be surprised if Chimp even attempts to pass on their porous defense.

They are actually pretty good against the run, just behind us in the current SEC rankings, and much, much better on 3rd down than us. With little doubt, we'll resort to Chimp Ball and try to run into the strength of their defense. I expect the usual lack of success we've seen against every team from Miami of Ohio to Georgia Southern when we run Chimp Ball.

USC also seems to have no trouble scoring.

It's hilarious the pumpers have once again chalked up a game as a foregone conclusion. It reminds me of Mizzu some.

UFS? heard Winston loves the banana in the tailpipe
I always trust Matt's instinct on these issues. He's 100% so far.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Law98gator;n98419 said:
I wish I had a stat about what percentage of possessions we've scored with Harris under center. It's pretty high. It may be the highest in the SEC at this point.

I've seen this posted elsewhere FWIW

He has been in for 23 series.

We have scored on 12 of those series - 10 touchdowns and 2 field goals.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n98420 said:
Their defense is weakest against the pass. Just because everyone else looks good against them doesn't mean we will. Actually, I'll be surprised if Chimp even attempts to pass on their porous defense.

They are actually pretty good against the run, just behind us in the current SEC rankings, and much, much better on 3rd down than us. With little doubt, we'll resort to Chimp Ball and try to run into the strength of their defense. I expect the usual lack of success we've seen against every team from Miami of Ohio to Georgia Southern when we run Chimp Ball.

USC also seems to have no trouble scoring.

It's hilarious the pumpers have once again chalked up a game as a foregone conclusion. It reminds me of Mizzu some.

I always trust Matt's instinct on these issues. He's 100% so far.

I would consider myself a pumper and I'm not even chalking up the Vandy game as a foregone conclusion. This team has not show the ability to consistently perform at a high level yet and until they do, nothing is a guarantee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.