Eagles dump QB Stephen Morris, sign dynamo QB Thad Lewis

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, should have kept Tim!! Someone just give Tim a chance! He has already proven he can win!!

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with those that think cutting Tim was a GM or ownership decision. Whatever "the reason", dumping Tim for these 2 backups makes no sense as far as skill and use in an actual game.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kelly is looking like a complete ass right now. He's obsessing over who the third string QB will be while his team crumbles before his eyes. All his "big" off-season moves are turning out to be gigantic fails. Kiko Alonso tore the same ACL he tore last year and could be out for the season. Demarco Murray is averaging HALF A YARD per carry. Bradford is looking like the same frail, mediocre QB he's been for the last six seasons. Meanwhile, Foles and McCoy are off to good starts with their new teams.

He also thinks he's way smarter than all the DCs he's playing, which is a huge mistake. He's trying to get cute by pulling his center on plays, which isn't going to work when your guards can't pick up a block. He dumped Herremans, in the off-season, so there you go.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hate the Eagles, but that whole team Is in shambles. The redzone playcalling is awful. The offensive line is dreadful. I can understand not wanting to have a left handed quarterback behind two right handed guys for protections and weekly prep. But not if one of those guys is butfumble. Chip Kelly is proving a lot of his critics right, right now. A guy who is a great playcaller between the 20s, but a guy who gets two cute for the NFL in the redzone. It isn't Oregon verse a bunch of also rans, in the NFL everyone has talent.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n283287 said:
I hate the Eagles, but that whole team Is in shambles. The redzone playcalling is awful. The offensive line is dreadful. I can understand not wanting to have a left handed quarterback behind two right handed guys for protections and weekly prep. But not if one of those guys is butfumble. Chip Kelly is proving a lot of his critics right, right now. A guy who is a great playcaller between the 20s, but a guy who gets two cute for the NFL in the redzone. It isn't Oregon verse a bunch of also rans, in the NFL everyone has talent.
I just think he's been overthinking everything - he's made the offense significantly worse, unnecessarily. Personally I believe he only traded for Sam Bradford thinking he could then flip him for a draft pick high enough to get Mariota, which is the QB he really wants. However, no one would bite on the trade and he's stuck with him.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n283294 said:
Personally I believe he only traded for Sam Bradford thinking he could then flip him for a draft pick high enough to get Mariota, which is the QB he really wants. However, no one would bite on the trade and he's stuck with him.

I also believe this theory is correct. Maybe Kelly could trade Bradford to the Browns for Manziel. I think he would be a way better fit in his system.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n283294 said:
I just think he's been overthinking everything - he's made the offense significantly worse, unnecessarily. Personally I believe he only traded for Sam Bradford thinking he could then flip him for a draft pick high enough to get Mariota, which is the QB he really wants. However, no one would bite on the trade and he's stuck with him.

I agree before the draft that was his thinking, but he thinks he is smarter than everyone in the league. Which is being proven wrong.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, that had to be what he was thinking regarding bradford. But therein lies the problem... who in the world did he think was gonna take bradford for anything worth enough value to end up with a #2 pick? If bradford was so valuable, someone would have taken him to begin with and not through Chip Kelly as an intermediary, with a probable price point markup. I didnt see the mccoy trade as that big a deal, but the more things have happened, its pretty clear that while he may be a decent offensive coach, hes got no business doing GM duties. That team was as talented as most any team in the NFC last year, they look like an absolute dumpsterfire right now. Offensive line was a strength, now its putrid. They had a QB who was pretty decent and fairly mobile, now they got a twerp back there that cant move and has a giant virginia where his d*ck should be.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n283379 said:
I agree, that had to be what he was thinking regarding bradford. But therein lies the problem... who in the world did he think was gonna take bradford for anything worth enough value to end up with a #2 pick? If bradford was so valuable, someone would have taken him to begin with and not through Chip Kelly as an intermediary, with a probable price point markup. I didnt see the mccoy trade as that big a deal, but the more things have happened, its pretty clear that while he may be a decent offensive coach, hes got no business doing GM duties. That team was as talented as most any team in the NFC last year, they look like an absolute dumpsterfire right now. Offensive line was a strength, now its putrid. They had a QB who was pretty decent and fairly mobile, now they got a twerp back there that cant move and has a giant virginia where his d*ck should be.

He seems to think he's Belichick and can just plug in anyone and make them winners. He's obviously not the talent evaluator that he thinks he is.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There's nothing wrong with dumping McCoy for Murray but evidently he doesn't think you need an offensive line. It's just weird.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n282981 said:
No doubt. I used to like them, but since they crapped on TT I am relishing the results so far. TT would have that team doing much better.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n283402 said:
No doubt. I used to like them, but since they crapped on TT I am relishing the results so far. TT would have that team doing much better.

Not even TT could save the way the offense is being called. Murray a north south runner, being sent east west on 1st and goal from the 2.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n283407 said:
Not even TT could save the way the offense is being called. Murray a north south runner, being sent east west on 1st and goal from the 2.

Eagles should switch to Pistol. That might help the running game.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n283407 said:
If TT was in there, Murray wouldn't have to run the ball from 2 - TT would punch it in after faking the handoff to Murray 'running east-west'. :titties:

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've been a Cowboys fan since 72, when I was knee high to a grasshopper. I've hated Philly since then too! But, I will say, I was warming to Philly during preseason for the love Tebow was getting.

Now I dislike Philly even more than I did before, something I didn't think was possible. I will relish every Philly loss.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'll chime in.

Haven't said a whole lot about the Tebow situation, but I'm fully in agreement that it was handled ridiculously. Should've been kept on as a 3rd string QB and to help out in short yardage situations(see Atlanta game, late). I've said many times that he's not a full time starter at QB in the NFL at this stage. But you'd also be hard pressed to find any team that has been forced to use a 3rd string QB and accomplished anything of value that season. The risk was almost nonexistent. To make matters worse, the foolish signings post Tebow have exhibited even less logic. No idea what he's trying to accomplish there.

It was mentioned that perhaps Kelly is in over his head with the dual position role. I'm not 100% convinced of that, but it's probably worth entertaining. I will say he looked zoned out and devoid of any energy on Sunday, which is puzzling given the game and its implications. Bradford can be good if given time. The OL was/is horrific. Not sure what the answer there is. We're terrible. All the Giants, Redskins and Cowboys can get a good laugh at Philly right now and it's well deserved.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WillGetIn;n283468 said:
I've been a Cowboys fan since 72, when I was knee high to a grasshopper. I've hated Philly since then too! But, I will say, I was warming to Philly during preseason for the love Tebow was getting.

Now I dislike Philly even more than I did before, something I didn't think was possible. I will relish every Philly loss.

"We saw your Cowboys today and they never let Philadelphia have the ball even for a minute. It was 42-7 by the half. It was ridiculous. You should give our people just a little chance...In football, anyway. This is a song called I'm Waiting for my Man..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.