Eagles Traded for the 2nd Pick in the Draft

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
"The Eagles acquired the No. 2 overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft in a trade Wednesday with the Cleveland Browns, the Eagles announced. The Browns will receive Philadelphia's No. 8 overall pick, third- and fourth-round picks in this draft, next year's first round pick, and a second-round pick in 2018."

Good God, someone in the Eagles organization needs to be fired... On another note, the browns will blow all of these picks as usual.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
giphy.gif

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Terrible for both sides.

Really... I mean I know the Browns will screw it up, but on the surface it is a great deal for them. They get 3 picks this year (only dropping 6 spots) and they get 1st round next year and a second round in 2018... that is how you build talent and win. Lots of draft picks in the first 5 rounds.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. Unfortunately we all know how this is going to turn out.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Really... I mean I know the Browns will screw it up, but on the surface it is a great deal for them. They get 3 picks this year (only dropping 6 spots) and they get 1st round next year and a second round in 2018... that is how you build talent and win. Lots of draft picks in the first 5 rounds.

The Eagles already have 24 million tied up in qb pay this season, so this makes little sense for two quarterbacks that wouldn't be 1st rounders in the last 5 drafts.

The Browns have holes, and a quarterback, but with the number of holes they have they need bodies. But they are the Browns. If the Browns management was better, it would be a good deal for them.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Eagles already have 24 million tied up in qb pay this season, so this makes little sense for two quarterbacks that wouldn't be 1st rounders in the last 5 drafts.

The Browns have holes, and a quarterback, but with the number of holes they have they need bodies. But they are the Browns. If the Browns management was better, it would be a good deal for them.

Yeah I'm not sure why they're investing more money in a quarterback. And especially giving up pics when they really need to re-haul their defense.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I'm not sure why they're investing more money in a quarterback. And especially giving up pics when they really need to re-haul their defense.

Defense and to re-tool their offense. They have the wrong skill set of players on offensive to go back to the Reid Timing based west coast offense, they need bodies.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't think it was possible for a team to make a dumber trade than the Rams, but the Eagles certainly wanted to exemplify stupidity and they have succeeded.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
One more example of the Tebow curse.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Eagles continue to astonish me...i mean they fire a hell of a successful coach in Andy Reid to hire Chip Kelly who turns out to be a disaster and then they turn around and hire the OC for...ANDY REID??? I guess maybe they could say they learned their lesson and they want a Reid disciple back but they could have avoided this by not firing him in the first place. And now they are mortgaging the future on what? Goff or Wentz? Whoever they get better work out for these two teams trading up to the 1 and 2 picks because they both have traded away a lot. Every time i get pissed at Thompson for not trying to do everything to win now in Green Bay im reminded that it could be worse...

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Eagles continue to astonish me...i mean they fire a hell of a successful coach in Andy Reid to hire Chip Kelly who turns out to be a disaster and then they turn around and hire the OC for...ANDY REID??? I guess maybe they could say they learned their lesson and they want a Reid disciple back but they could have avoided this by not firing him in the first place. And now they are mortgaging the future on what? Goff or Wentz? Whoever they get better work out for these two teams trading up to the 1 and 2 picks because they both have traded away a lot. Every time i get pissed at Thompson for not trying to do everything to win now in Green Bay im reminded that it could be worse...
It is hilarious! As a Chiefs fan, I am grateful.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Both the Rams and Eagles astonish me. The Rams essentially struck gold 4 years ago with the RG3 trade and now got swindled. Both trade up to take an unproven QB talent. Makes no sense to me. The Browns came away with a steal and if it was any other team you would think it would be a great draft. I'm still pissed at how much the Falcons gave up for Julio despite how good he is. It left far to many holes elsewhere on the team and he doesn't win them games while the lines are putrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator