Eagles Traded for the 2nd Pick in the Draft

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
No it wouldn't, the Browns is where a player goes to be irrelevant.

Joe Haden is widely regarded as one of the top corners and is a Pro Bowler. Not exactly "irrelevant" plus I think the Browns will turn it around under the new GM

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Aren't the Browns the same team that drafted Johnnie Football?

Track record speaks of futility...

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
"The Eagles acquired the No. 2 overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft in a trade Wednesday with the Cleveland Browns, the Eagles announced. The Browns will receive Philadelphia's No. 8 overall pick, third- and fourth-round picks in this draft, next year's first round pick, and a second-round pick in 2018."

Good God, someone in the Eagles organization needs to be fired... On another note, the browns will blow all of these picks as usual.
They might rank above Jacksonville for the sorriest franchise in history.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
anigif_enhanced-buzz-18339-1381776717-24_zpstplrlnd1.gif
That is hilarious. I never saw that movie. What a great quote.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Joe Haden is widely regarded as one of the top corners and is a Pro Bowler. Not exactly "irrelevant" plus I think the Browns will turn it around under the new GM
He could be Jesus Christ... He's still on the most pathetic team in league history. If you think a gator going to the Browns is something to be excited about I have to wonder how happy you were to see us lose to halfassu

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He could be Jesus Christ... He's still on the most pathetic team in league history. If you think a gator going to the Browns is something to be excited about I have to wonder how happy you were to see us lose to halfassu

Your argument was that he'd become irrelevant, and I debunked that theory.

I would be thrilled to see a Gator drafted top 8 and teaming with another Gator great.

Also, the Browns will be good soon under new management IMO. Mark this down.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

This is what every Browns fan has said annually over the past 20 years... they are like the Tennessee of NFL football... "next year"

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This is what every Browns fan has said annually over the past 20 years... they are like the Tennessee of NFL football... "next year"

They now have a baseball guy in the FO, he will right the ship (I'm a huge baseball fan FYI lol)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They now have a baseball guy in the FO, he will right the ship (I'm a huge baseball fan FYI lol)

Knowing the browns with their first pick (8th overall) they select the pitcher from FAU.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Your argument was that he'd become irrelevant, and I debunked that theory.
No you didn't, you made my case for me. He plays on the BROWNS. He along with every other player on that team is irrelevant for precisely that reason. As long as you play for Cleveland you are freaking irrelevant dude; there's nothing difficult to understand about this.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
No you didn't, you made my case for me. He plays on the BROWNS. He along with every other player on that team is irrelevant for precisely that reason. As long as you play for Cleveland you are freaking irrelevant dude; there's nothing difficult to understand about this.

So if a player has a HOF career, yet plays on the Browns, said player is/was irrelevant?

It doesn't take teams a long time to get turned around, and I can see the Browns improving greatly under new management. Heck, they already made a wonderful deal and played the Eagles like a fiddle

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So if a player has a HOF career, yet plays on the Browns, said player is/was irrelevant?

It doesn't take teams a long time to get turned around, and I can see the Browns improving greatly under new management. Heck, they already made a wonderful deal and played the Eagles like a fiddle

They did the same thing for the Ravens to get Joe Flacco years ago... how did that work out for the Browns.....

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
They did the same thing for the Ravens to get Joe Flacco years ago... how did that work out for the Browns.....

Would have worked out better if they had better management that could actually make use of those picks. Time will tell if this trading for picks works out or not, but like I said I have more faith in their new management.

I don't even like the Browns (I do hate the eagles however) idk why I am even arguing this right now. I'll let this play out on the field

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Would have worked out better if they had better management that could actually make use of those picks. Time will tell if this trading for picks works out or not, but like I said I have more faith in their new management.

I don't even like the Browns (I do hate the eagles however) idk why I am even arguing this right now. I'll let this play out on the field

I hate the Eagles more than any other NFL not named the Redskins. But the Browns management issues start at the top. Their ownership group is a joke, there football offices have been a joke, etc... Talented players go there, but are irrelevant because of where they play and the fact they play for nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator