Early Enrollees Heights and Weights

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who reported the weights? UF? Stampini at 247 seems pretty stunned at the weight as well in the link.
I have no clue, but I've read enough typos while reading these sites that I'm guessing a transposed numbers. I think they just run a spell check and send to print.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have no clue, but I've read enough typos while reading these sites that I'm guessing a transposed numbers. I think they just run a spell check and send to print.

I'm guessing they got if off of gatorzone (or floridagators.com, whatever it's called now). That's usually where updated roster info is posted.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law will love this!

157lbs? Wtf?
Quez Green is one of my favorite all-time Gators.

I know most of you are probably exaggerating just to be funny, but my position has never changed. I'm not against smurfs or all speed guys (undersized guys at other positions). I just don't want a team full of them. I don't want three 5'6" 155 lb running backs, five 5'6" receivers, OL that weigh 255-275, DEs that weigh 210, DTs that weigh 255, and LBs that weigh 195-205. We saw very well what that all smurf "fastest team on earth" formula gave us in 2010 and 2011.

They aren't 6'5"! They aren't 6'5"!!! THEY AREN'T 6'5"!!!!!!
:ohnoez:

I also don't give a shyt if they are 6'5". Plenty of 6 foot receivers and QBs have won Heismans and are in the various Hall of Fames.

I'm pretty simple. Give me QBs that can throw, receivers that can catch, RBs that can run. I don't want receivers that can block and run sweeps but can't catch, QBs that run but can't throw, TEs that are mostly wildcats and don't do anything particularly well (block or catch), and RBs that can only run the speed sweep. It took some people a while to learn that lesson.

Last edited:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They will all be the weight they need to be at, by time August practice starts.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
5'9" 184lbs is not a smurph. Antonio Brown and Steve Smith fit this mold at 5'10" 180lbs and 5'9" 193lbs.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm not against smurfs or all speed guys (undersized guys at other positions). I just don't want a team full of them.
The problem is they're like rodents....if one gets in many more tend to follow....Almost 10 years later they're still finding their way to Gville in droves.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All the cousins at the 'Crete family reunion:

oink-oink-mr-pig_o_2418633.webp

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
230 for Trask.
He'll need to put on about 10-15 lbs. if he expects to compete for the second string long snapper job. Already there is fierce competition there and if he is going to make the travel team, he'll need to really give it his all.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
5'9" 184lbs is not a smurph. Antonio Brown and Steve Smith fit this mold at 5'10" 180lbs and 5'9" 193lbs.

I just found it striking that he dropped so much in height. I'm sure the coaches knew how tall he was and were comfortable with it.
All the cousins at the 'Crete family reunion:

oink-oink-mr-pig_o_2418633.webp

No pic

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I just found it striking that he dropped so much in height. I'm sure the coaches knew how tall he was and were comfortable with it.

Concrete family reunion:
No pic

... who would risk ruining a good camera ?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He'll need to put on about 10-15 lbs. if he expects to compete for the second string long snapper job. Already there is fierce competition there and if he is going to make the travel team, he'll need to really give it his all.

Or move to TE....like our other questionable QB signings (Reed & Burton).

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I didn't realize Rivals had him at 6', ESPN at 5'11". I would agree that is a big difference considering the position.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

No pic

?

I'm looking at the pic. Or are you saying that's a "no. no. " pic?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Quez Green is one of my favorite all-time Gators.

I know most of you are probably exaggerating just to be funny, but my position has never changed. I'm not against smurfs or all speed guys (undersized guys at other positions). I just don't want a team full of them. I don't want three 5'6" 155 lb running backs, five 5'6" receivers, OL that weigh 255-275, DEs that weigh 210, DTs that weigh 255, and LBs that weigh 195-205. We saw very well what that all smurf "fastest team on earth" formula gave us in 2010 and 2011.

They aren't 6'5"! They aren't 6'5"!!! THEY AREN'T 6'5"!!!!!!
:ohnoez:

I also don't give a shyt if they are 6'5". Plenty of 6 foot receivers and QBs have won Heismans and are in the various Hall of Fames.

I'm pretty simple. Give me QBs that can throw, receivers that can catch, RBs that can run. I don't want receivers that can block and run sweeps but can't catch, QBs that run but can't throw, TEs that are mostly wildcats and don't do anything particularly well (block or catch), and RBs that can only run the speed sweep. It took some people a while to learn that lesson.

I liked your post but then I had to unlike it because you won "Top Poster of the Month" and I don't want you to get all full of yourself.
Really, nobody wants that.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe on the desktop. Not on mobile safari or tapatalk.

Huh... that sucks. I just cut and pasted like I often do. I think this is the first time it didn't appear... that I know of anyway.?.?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator