Eason reaffirms that he's a Dwag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Well that is interesting. UF Registration deadline is midnight Jan 11th. Coincidentally the NC game is Jan 11th. However I don't believe Kirby actually does the hiring, UGA does. Kirby has (so I've read) hired an administrative assistant who can take care of all those things related to the new move. So i guess Kirby can let that administrative assistant go to all the meetings with the agents of prospective coaching assistants, etc. and seal the deal. I wonder how that will work itself out.
Yes they write the checks but he technically can't work with their administration while on staff at Bama. Sure they could use a medium but nothing will be done until next month

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If he sticks with UGAy, "we didn't want him anyway" and "Gator Bait" and all that.

If he flips to Florida, "Chomp, Chomp" and "we knew all along you'd make the right decision, kid!"

That should just about cover it.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Seems he's leaning that way - looks like we got Franks in the bag, so I'm not too concerned with Eason, but I would like to have them both.
What makes y'all say that? Nothing I read there gives and clues either way

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think he's singing their praises, more so than we've heard before.
On Smart:
“He didn’t guarantee anything,” Eason said. “He is going to take the time — I think it is a good idea — to make sure he gets the right guy for Georgia and to really develop me and all that stuff.”
“Really cool guy,” Eason said about Smart. “Really liked him. Always pretty professional and he was with Nick Saban at Alabama for forever. He’s got a good track record and resume and all of that stuff. So I’m excited.”

On other UGA recruits:
“That’s a big pull for UGA,” Eason said. “I have been with those guys for so long and developed good relationships with them. Overall it is going to be my decision based on the best place for me to play football and be a student and better my career. But that’s a big benefit that UGA does have with the guys I have done there.”

dphgator96

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014

The 5-star has been committed to UGA for 18 months. He’s had flocks of UGA fans visit him in Washington and has visualized himself in the red-and-black for almost all that time. The relationships he’s established with close friends like offensive lineman Ben Cleveland and other UGA commitments clearly means a lot to him.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he sticks with UGAy, "we didn't want him anyway" and "Gator Bait" and all that.

If he flips to Florida, "Chomp, Chomp" and "we knew all along you'd make the right decision, kid!"

That should just about cover it.
This....Go Gators

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For all the reasons talked about, Eason should be considered a UGA lean in the decision. This would make a flip that much more impressive.

Sounds like UGA, but we are still in the game. I think Franks is posturing to push Eason to UGA because he wants in at UF. I think we only get one of the two

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Still think he goes to GA, but your not as hard a commit as everyone thinks if he still has to make a decision this late in the game and not saying he is 100%. We are in it a lot more than people think even if we never know how close he was.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is a business decision...to best prepare him for the NFL....It is a no brainer if he considers it such.

We are in it, for sure. That's all you can ask.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Eason took a visit to Washington today. Not sure what that means in the grand scheme, but that's what he did.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Eason took a visit to Washington today. Not sure what that means in the grand scheme, but that's what he did.

Petersen needs a splash, bad. 14-12 in two seasons there so far. Leach over at Wazzu making more noise at present can't be helping his cause.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Petersen needs a splash, bad. 14-12 in two seasons there so far. Leach over at Wazzu making more noise at present can't be helping his cause.
He started a true freshman all year this year

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He started a true freshman all year this year
Browning did well this year, as a freshman, and many see him as the future at UW. UW is Eason's 'fear of homesick' backup plan.
UWs strength at the moment is their D. They beat WSU in the Apple Cup 45-10, shutting down Leach's high powered O.

Sep 29, 2015
Apparently Mac will be visiting Eason in the next day or two or this weekend (paywall), a mere week after Smart met with him (and presumably revealed his OC short list).
We will be getting his last "visit" and Mac will be wearing the closer's hat. It comes down to this: a head coach from his neck of the woods with a QB whisperer reputation and a clear understanding of exactly what Eason will be doing the next 4 years vs. a head coach-elect with a purely defensive background, no OC and no way to talk offense X's and O's/scheme/ideas the way Mac can without sounding like a fraud (especially after hearing from Mac). Not only can Mac reel Eason in, but I think he should.

Based upon the limited video I've seen of Franks and Eason, I'm content with either, hope for both, and prefer Eason. Both appear to have live arms, but Eason looks deadly accurate.

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
I want Eason too but if I had to choose one I'm leaning towards Franks. Guess I can't help but assume from comments, pics, and videos that Eason doesn't seem smart. I believe intelligence is paramount in Macs system for the qb especially

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.