Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n215439 said:
Where are you hearing this?

My fiance's brother's girlfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Billy in Oklahoma City last night. I guess he's gone.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n215442 said:
My fiance's brother's girlfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Billy in Oklahoma City last night. I guess he's gone.
Well you do know if he's related to your fiance then he's a questionable source at best.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Same folks who just couldn't grip the fact Muschamp would be fired are the same who can't see Billy's gone. It just takes time for some.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n215468 said:
Same folks who just couldn't grip the fact Muschamp would be fired are the same who can't see Billy's gone. It just takes time for some.
I don't see how the two are related?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Billy is cleaning house...I think he stays

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n215468 said:

Rd8xu.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n215442 said:

My brother doesn't have a girlfriend. Billy's staying! :pumper:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I want Billy to stay and I hope he stays. IF he leaves it is life. He has given UF more basketball glory than I ever could have imagined while I was watching the Tommy Bartlet teams in the 60s. Billy set the bar and brought in some amazing players and teams. me? I think he stays.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n215517 said:
I want Billy to stay and I hope he stays. IF he leaves it is life. He has given UF more basketball glory than I ever could have imagined while I was watching the Tommy Bartlet teams in the 60s. Billy set the bar and brought in some amazing players and teams. me? I think he stays.
Stephen, since you are considered the Eminence Grise of GCMB, you should enlighten these neophytes with the games early years; explain how it grew out of the sport of gymnasti-basket. His Airness owes much to the pioneers. Here is a player demonstrating an offensive movement called Le Grande Jete Slamma.

oscar%20r%20in%20air.jpg

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n215338 said:
Well, the worry is that he goes somewhere and averages 15 points per game. Ouch.

He almost certainly will average15 a game wherever he goes because he'll likely go somewhere like Rutgers where they'll let him jack up 20 shots a game.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to lose depth and have two freshmen starting, but I never got the feeling Eli bought into the system. I wish him well. He left with a degree from UF and that by itself is worth a lot!

As far as Billy leaving.. I'm not sure if the OKC thing is a done deal, but it really does seem like Billy wants to try the NBA. At this point I think it is unlikely he stays at UF for the rest of his career.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe carter and Frazier don't wanna compete with Francis for minutes after seeing him in practice. Maybe Francis is that good

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
t-gator;n215646 said:
Maybe carter and Frazier don't wanna compete with Francis for minutes after seeing him in practice. Maybe Francis is that good

Several years ago, Marquette had a 6'4 shooting guard who was academically ineligible his freshman year and turned into a stud. I'm not making any prophetic statement, but I hope Francis is a Dwyane Wade type player.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love to see Francis be that good, but I doubt that is the reason for them transferring. Frazier would have definitely been a starter based on experience and once he left Carter was the same way.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n215524 said:
Stephen, since you are considered the Eminence Grise of GCMB, you should enlighten these neophytes with the games early years; explain how it grew out of the sport of gymnasti-basket. His Airness owes much to the pioneers. Here is a player demonstrating an offensive movement called Le Grande Jete Slamma.

oscar%20r%20in%20air.jpg

:lol:
That would be one Oscar Robertson, the Big O - playing for Cincy in college.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.