Emmitt calls and apologizes for tweet to Muschamp and Driskel...

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
ATXGator said:
Even by apolozing now... everybody knows that Emmit meant what he said. He probably realized that what he said was not good for team chemistry and he didn't want to impact that, so he apologized to Driskel, Muschamp and the team as a way to not be a distraction going forward. His tweet already did it's job, it doesn't hurt to smooth things a little after the fact.
You honestly think that comment is going to have an impact on chemistry given everything else that's happening? When you have your WR re-tweeting posts calling for a new qb, Emmitt 's comments aren't going to sway things one way or another. I have a feeling most of the team is over Driskel and ready for a new direction.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
ATXGator said:
Even by apolozing now... everybody knows that Emmit meant what he said. He probably realized that what he said was not good for team chemistry and he didn't want to impact that, so he apologized to Driskel, Muschamp and the team as a way to not be a distraction going forward. His tweet already did it's job, it doesn't hurt to smooth things a little after the fact.
Vaseline after the insertion lol.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
its the chump,fooley and dudkil that should apologize for destroying and embarrasing the florida football program!

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
soflagator;n61405 said:
Aside from it being an adult that sort of takes an unsolicited shot at a "kid", I see no reason to apologize. That's the only angle I guess his people are taking. It's obviously how he feels, and he wasn't exactly disrespectful in his doing so.

How weak have we become as a society?

Driskel is a 21 year old man. And he sucks. Badly.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, the classless part here is Muschamp informing the public that Emmitt called to apologize. Muschamp should have kept his mouth shut about any internal phone calls and should have taken the tweet as constructive, albeit harsh, criticism from one of the all-time Gator greats. Muschamp throwing out the "he called and apologized" card is chicken*** in my opinion, and it suggests he is trying to deflect or minimize the real issue here, and that's being called-out on Driskel's poor play. Muschamp is becoming the anti-Donovan. Billy D never seems to make a wrong step, Muschamp never seems to make a right one.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator said:
soflagator;n61405 said:
Aside from it being an adult that sort of takes an unsolicited shot at a "kid", I see no reason to apologize. That's the only angle I guess his people are taking. It's obviously how he feels, and he wasn't exactly disrespectful in his doing so.

HERE HERE!!! I get sick of these MEN being referred to as kids... They may still do stupid immature things, but make no mistake about it... They are Grown ass men!!!

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
It appears that mushchump didn't learn anything from this past weekend. He just announced that he's sticking with Driskel, because "Jeff gives us the best opportunity to win right now." If he is our "best chance" then we have no hope to win at all.

I seriously hate this guy...

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
The Original DC;n61526 said:
Actually, the classless part here is Muschamp informing the public that Emmitt called to apologize. Muschamp should have kept his mouth shut about any internal phone calls and should have taken the tweet as constructive, albeit harsh, criticism from one of the all-time Gator greats. Muschamp throwing out the "he called and apologized" card is chicken*** in my opinion, and it suggests he is trying to deflect or minimize the real issue here, and that's being called-out on Driskel's poor play. Muschamp is becoming the anti-Donovan. Billy D never seems to make a wrong step, Muschamp never seems to make a right one.

I'm sure someone in the media asked the question about what he thought of Emmitt's twitter rant. Doubtful he just brought it up.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
"I’m sorry my tweet got more media attention than your new Roper offense; I forgot I have about 290,000 more twitter followers than you."

I can forgive #22 for not wanting to look like he's fanning the flames. He spoke the truth and it got amplified louder than he intended it to.

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
bayou gator said:
It appears that mushchump didn't learn anything from this past weekend. He just announced that he's sticking with Driskel, because "Jeff gives us the best opportunity to win right now." If he is our "best chance" then we have no hope to win at all.

I've never understood how losing is the best chance to win.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
bayou gator said:

not more than i do!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator said:
soflagator;n61405 said:

He's 40?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
KCgator;n61522 said:

Notice I used parentheses. He's a college student and Smith is 40+ adult. The perception is what I was saying might be the reason he felt compelled to apologize. I also feel there was nothing uncalled for or out of line, as I mentioned. Certainly nothing that would warrant a call to Muschamp. The oddest thing is he made this remark on twitter. Why not just apologize using the same platform?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Emmitt is Gator Legend!!! No apology needed for stating the truth... Sorry if it bruises your ego...:wobble:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GMDGATOR;n61572 said:
Emmitt is Gator Legend!!! No apology needed for stating the truth... Sorry if it bruises your ego...:wobble:

Are you replying to me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator