Emory Jones joins Tim Tebow in elite company

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Not too shabby.

Florida football: Emory Jones joins Tim Tebow in exclusive club

Florida football star Emory Jones joins Tim Tebow in elite company after what he did to Tennessee on Saturday night.

Jones used his arms and his legs to crush the Gators’ SEC East rival in The Swamp. He completed 21-of-27 passes for 209 yards and touchdowns through the air, as well as having 15 carries for 144 yards on the ground. Florida won 38-14 to improve to 3-1 on the year. Jones joined Tebow as the only other Florida player with two passing touchdowns and 140 rushing yards in a game.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Like I said in the other thread, his best game to date. However, if anyone has visions of the second coming of Tebow, they’re one dumb m’fer.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
AR-15 will break both those records, could possible reach a half a dozen games with that stat if Dan gets a brain and starts using him more.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Like I said in the other thread, his best game to date. However, if anyone has visions of the second coming of Tebow, they’re one dumb m’fer.

Mullen's vision of the second coming of Tebow is a guy who sits by the Gatorade all game so he's hydrated enough to do pre and post game backflips.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing says elite like 2 TDs and 5 INTs.

Or 209 passing yards in a game.
He’s not likely to achieve 300 yards passing unless we’re playing from behind due to this offense and his ability to gain yards with his feet. If he can avoid the turnovers (big IF), he can be good.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He’s not likely to achieve 300 yards passing unless we’re playing from behind due to this offense and his ability to gain yards with his feet. If he can avoid the turnovers (big IF), he can be good.
I don't know man, Vandy is pretty bad this year. They might let him throw just for the hell of it :dunno:

Unless of course, AR-15 takes over :grin:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
AR would have had 200+ rushing yards last week. Easy. He doesn't get caught from behind like Emory does.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
EJ gets accommodated by opposing DCs ="let him succeed to keep that #15 off the field. No way can we come back from 5 TDs behind. :D

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Why do we search for odd stat lines to justify player performance? I'm sure everyone looks great if you search for stats. Did you know Driskel was the only QB to rush for over 170 yards in a game along with 3 TDs AND have 1 punt in the same season?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
AR would have had 200+ rushing yards last week. Easy. He doesn't get caught from behind like Emory does.

Tebow interviewed EJ and AR15 in a vid at SOS field and asked which one would win a foot race.

AR immediately replied, “Oh, I would.”

EJ said, “Yeah. He would.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator