Emory Jones transfers to Arizona State and gets benched; now looking to get benched at Cincy

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
@PeteThamel: Jones plans to play in Florida’s bowl game vs UCF on the 23rd. He’s willing to go anywhere in the country and islooking for “a place that develops me and prepares me for the next level.”

Don't know where he thinks he's going but God himself couldn't prepare Emory for the next level.
EJ could be a good WR.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I also think it says a lot about EJ that he’s playing in the bowl. He’s essentially coming off the bench because of an injury to a player that the entire fan base clamored for all season, for a coach that isn’t even his head coach and won’t be around next season, all because if he didn’t, we’re stuck playing a true freshman that’s never taken a snap. And from the team standpoint, the fact that we’re letting a guy play after already announcing that he’s gone, says a lot about the character he has shown. That’s a Gator.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I also think it says a lot about EJ that he’s playing in the bowl. He’s essentially coming off the bench because of an injury to a player that the entire fan base clamored for all season, for a coach that isn’t even his head coach and won’t be around next season, all because if he didn’t, we’re stuck playing a true freshman that’s never taken a snap. And from the team standpoint, the fact that we’re letting a guy play after already announcing that he’s gone, says a lot about the character he has shown. That’s a Gator.
**** that, get Del Rio some meaningful snaps before he’s backup to AR next season. Then again, a competent coach would have QB2 getting15plus quarters of play during blowouts instead of giving up fifty to FCS schools

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He always represented the school well. He wasn't an arrogant jerk like Franks. I wish him all the best and commend him for making the right decision here.
Absolutely. He is a Gator. Period. All the respect in the world for this kid. Just guessing but I'm betting he spoke with Napier and saw the writing on the wall. Great kid.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Good kid. Wish all the best for him. Can't help but think a position change would drastically increase his chances of getting to the league, but he has to follow his heart I suppose. I think he will probably end up in the ACC somewhere.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No Hate on EJ.

He gave it his all under poor conditions. Unfortunately his all wasn't good enough and the clatter became a roar.

I hope he does well in the future and earns the chance to reach for his Dreams!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EJ is a good kid, very humble.
I don't even know if he really was the wrong fit. We'll never know.

I fully believe that Mullen literally held kids back and was not effectively developing them.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's a good kid. And his parents should be very proud. And I know he had his struggles here but he also showed some flashes. So maybe with the right coach he gets it figured out somewhere . Driskel balled out at latech and I could see Jones doing something like that.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
EJ is a good kid, very humble.
I don't even know if he really was the wrong fit. We'll never know.

I fully believe that Mullen literally held kids back and was not effectively developing them.
He is a prolific Bozo. He is fine with great generational talent, Tim Tebow, Dak Prescott, Kyle Trask. But those guys were destined to be great. Trask almost never saw the field. Mullen is unmasked now. He is not a brand, he is a has been.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
If he doesn't want to be part of this team moving forward, why are we letting him on the field. He doesnt want to be here? Bye Felicia! Let DelRio and Kitna or whomever wants to actually play here. Probably should just run it 90%/10% in this upcoming game anyways.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All you can ask for is a shot. EJ got his. He’s not sure or accurate enough for the next level.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
All you can ask for is a shot. EJ got his. He’s not sure or accurate enough for the next level.
Definitely not as a QB. His running skills are decent so if he could spend two years becoming a good receiver he might get a shot in the league, not as a QB.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
according to Finebaum,
Emory Jones entering the portal after bowl game
iu

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Definitely not as a QB. His running skills are decent so if he could spend two years becoming a good receiver he might get a shot in the league, not as a QB.

He’s not big or fast (4.77). I don’t see it. He’s got a decent arm and can get it out fast. It remains to be seen if you can teach field awareness. Every example I’ve seen ends in failure.

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
He’s not big or fast (4.77). I don’t see it. He’s got a decent arm and can get it out fast. It remains to be seen if you can teach field awareness. Every example I’ve seen ends in failure.
Yeah. He isn't a very good runner either. I'm not sure why people think he is. He is also very hesitant when he runs and he runs with no power and his speed is average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.