ESPN suspends reporter Britt McHenry for one week after ugly parking-lot rant

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n213763 said:
This is the crux of the issue, and why the majority of posters get annoyed quickly. Just my 2 cents.

You can keep your change. Sorry I'm in a sports writing profession where my job is to be tuned into sports and maintain contact with athletes and other sports writers, broadcasters, etc. Isn't this a sports message board? Some people will always hate.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
WDCGator;n213781 said:
You can keep your change. Sorry I'm in a sports writing profession where my job is to be tuned into sports and maintain contact with athletes and other sports writers, broadcasters, etc. Isn't this a sports message board? Some people will always hate.

I pretty sure you were supposed to end that rant with a condescending "honey".

Look I'm all for defending friends, but she literally embodies that certain word that we hesitate to use. You don't just wake up on the wrong side of the bed one morning and decide you're going to act like that. That's core. Besides, there are other reports of her being like this. So it's not as if this is totally isolated. She may be decent person deep down that someone who knows her may see. But based on this, it's pretty deep down.

On a side note, based on what we know of you, if you did, congrats.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think WDC is a bad guy, never have. He's just really, really bad at message boards. It probably isn't deliberate, but damn near every post drips with pretension and has for ten years now. People don't like it and never will.

He actually has access to writers and players, and could be a real asset to the board. Instead, everyone just wants to see him go away. It's a shame and a waste, really. I doubt he looks down on everyone in real life like he does here, but I don't really know.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WDCGator;n213781 said:

I thought you loved you some Obama

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
WDCGator;n213781 said:

:snob:

And right there is the reason everyone thinks you're an @ss... b/c you play the part superbly. Congrats. :clap:

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
oxrageous;n213886 said:
I don't think WDC is a bad guy, never have. He's just really, really bad at message boards. It probably isn't deliberate, but damn near every post drips with pretension and has for ten years now. People don't like it and never will.

He actually has access to writers and players, and could be a real asset to the board. Instead, everyone just wants to see him go away. It's a shame and a waste, really. I doubt he looks down on everyone in real life like he does here, but I don't really know.

And I do not believe that you are a bad person, either. Sure, we've had a our differences over the years, but at the end of the day, most of the stuff we say to each other is all in good fun.

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n214124 said:
:snob:

And right there is the reason everyone thinks you're an @ss... b/c you play the part superbly. Congrats. :clap:

I'm sorry, but I must have missed the part where I asked you for your opinion of me. I can take the jokes from guys like SoFla, Law, Divits, Pasty, Ox, etc., because we have a history of messing around with each other dating back to the old boards. I don't know you like that. So fall back and earn some more stripes before you step to a general.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Damn - I keep clicking on this thread and then I remember why i avoided it.

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
CapitalGator02;n214205 said:
Don't paint with such a broad brush! I hate everyone on this message board, plus I'm a level 32 Gator fan so everyone can just go eff off. #GSMB4Life

You're an equal-opportunity hater! ;)

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
LagoonGator68;n214212 said:

Laugh all you want, but you've likely read some of my stuff in the Gainesville Sun and have probably heard me as a featured guest on the Paul Finebaum Show.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tow truck employees are the scum of the earth. I don't have a problem with anything she said. Would violate her with much fervor.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WDCGator;n214214 said:
Laugh all you want, but you've likely read some of my stuff in the Gainesville Sun and have probably heard me as a featured guest on the Paul Finebaum Show.

WGAF

WDCGator

The Gentleman from D.C.
Nov 20, 2014
MatthewM.;n214216 said:
Tow truck employees are the scum of the earth. I don't have a problem with anything she said. Would violate her with much fervor.

Oh snap. I see I'm bringing out all of the old playas. What's good, MattM. You holding it down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.