ESPN's pre-spring positional rankings show uphill battle for UF

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is not another beat the dawgchamp thread (ok, vent if you still need to, he deserves it)

a quote from his firing news conference: "They've got a deep and talented roster, so don't let that new guy tell you he ain't got any players. I can tell you that right now," Muschamp said

From his myopic vision of how to build a roster and loading up on the defense he left the offense in terrible shape, here are our SEC rankings according BSPN. I can't see how they think we are that low at RB, the other positions can't complain too much.

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/E...l-rankings-show-uphill-battle-for-UF-35877847

Hopefully we get updates again this year from Goldcamp from the practices like last year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Below is where ESPN ranks each of Florida's units on the offensive side of the ball in the SEC.
QB: 9th
RB: 10th
WR/TE: 11th
OL: 12th
I'm stunned they think that there are two worse OLs in the SEC.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will Muschamp: They've got a deep and talented roster on the side of the ball that I care about. Don't let the new guy tell you he ain't got any defensive talent. Good luck with the offensive debacle I've left you with. You can still win with defense, I swear!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we have more talent than the rankings reflect at RB and WR / TE. We just need another receiver to emerge in addition to Robinson and have McGee stay healthy. At RB I think we will be alright if the O line can block some.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n184449 said:
Will Muschamp: They've got a deep and talented roster on the side of the ball that I care about (except LB). Don't let the new guy tell you he ain't got any defensive talent. Good luck with the offensive debacle I've left you with. You can still win with defense, I swear!
FIFY.

There is literally nothing that guy did well, other than pat himself on the back when he managed to keep the margin close in his losses. His position group, safeties, were the worst on the team again. He didn't even manage to build the roster properly on the only side of the ball he cared about.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that Dak Prescott, Dobbs, and Mauk are considered the top QBs in the conference tells you have far this conference has regressed.

It's 1989 all over again. The SEC is past ripe for someone to actually try to score points again.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
if the QB can be average and the OLine above average, we'll be happy with the season on offense

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, it almost seems like the entire conference has taken a step back on offense. Almost becoming a defensive conference. Are all the talented offensive players going out west or what?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The talented QBs are playing baseball or something, I guess. Too many high schools playing 50s options.

It's not JUST an SEC thing, but the SEC is among the worst.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Short of talent and also numbers:

Offensive Line - D

Tight End - C

QB - C

LB - B-

Everything else has talent but it surely needs to be developed. Nothing on O will work without offensive line help and a lot of it fast.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we'll be efficient with a solid mix of pass/ run. Obviously the return of Mcgee is big for the passing game. Looking at the schedule I think
we will see many close ballgames. Our toughest test looks to be at LSU. Despite their undeniable home field advantage I believe we'll be competitive there.
They just aren't built to run away from teams.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n184503 said:
if the QB can be average and the OLine above average, we'll be happy with the season on offense
I take that as the Oline playing above their past average/half azz play? Because any Oline that plays above average will take a team a long way. But our Oline has struggled at everything lately. Even when we could pound the ball (LSU, SC, FSU games) we would have those moments when we couldn't make a 3rd and 1.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n184550 said:
I take that as the Oline playing above their past average/half azz play? Because any Oline that plays above average will take a team a long way. But our Oline has struggled at everything lately. Even when we could pound the ball (LSU, SC, FSU games) we would have those moments when we couldn't make a 3rd and 1.

I think an average OLine in the SEC will get you in the cellar. They will have to be above average to compete with the DLines week in and week out

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n184449 said:
Will Muschamp: They've got a deep and talented roster on the side of the ball that I care about. Don't let the new guy tell you he ain't got any defensive talent. Good luck with the offensive debacle I've left you with. You can still win with defense, I swear!

Ain't that the truth!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n184453 said:
I think we have more talent than the rankings reflect at RB and WR / TE. We just need another receiver to emerge in addition to Robinson and have McGee stay healthy. At RB I think we will be alright if the O line can block some.

I agree, and it's BSPN. There is more talent there than reflected. If we can get some player development there and a QB who can deliver the ball there is no reason UF cannot improve there. Robinson and McGee are key as you state. Our QB situation has to be settled. But I feel better about Mac and Nuss taking care of that. The OL did have some improvement but we're starting to get more bodies there. Plus they are bulking them up to open holes for those RB's. You can start to see some of what Mac is going to do. Big Uglies up front. Take a young QB and protect him and teach him how to manage not bumble it away. Get some WR production and spread the ball around. Then play Defense. There is definitely more talent there than giving credit by BSPN. If Mac can just keep from doing some of the dumb@$$ stuff WM did, we'll see production immediately.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n184454 said:
FIFY.

There is literally nothing that guy did well, other than pat himself on the back when he managed to keep the margin close in his losses. His position group, safeties, were the worst on the team again. He didn't even manage to build the roster properly on the only side of the ball he cared about.

Agree, even on defense we are dangerously thin at some positions and way overstocked at others. The ONLY thing that numbskull did was fill the cupboard with decent cornerbacks. We are putrid at LB and the few guys we do have on the roster at that position have little to no game reps. What universe was this idiot living in? Dont let the next guy tell you, you dont have talent and depth? Really? What a complete and total f*ckstick. It takes real effort and will (muschamp) to be as big an asshat as that douchenozzle. F him.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n185368 said:
Agree, even on defense we are dangerously thin at some positions and way overstocked at others. The ONLY thing that numbskull did was fill the cupboard with decent cornerbacks. We are putrid at LB and the few guys we do have on the roster at that position have little to no game reps. What universe was this idiot living in? Dont let the next guy tell you, you dont have talent and depth? Really? What a complete and total f*ckstick. It takes real effort and will (muschamp) to be as big an asshat as that douchenozzle. F him.
Whenever he said that $hit about the talent and depth he left I got instantly pissed off. Instead of being a man and owning up to his piss poor roster management he chose to be a "PY" and keep lying about it! Thank God he's gone and we don't have to keep hearing his lying a$$ mouth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.